Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract timestamp from the filename? Post 302426285 by m1xram on Tuesday 1st of June 2010 09:50:49 AM
Old 06-01-2010
with sed

Nobody used SED, so here it is. This is similar to what Frans did with an array.

Code:
mytime=($( echo name_abc_20100531_142528.txt | \
    sed 's/^.*_\([0-9]\+\)_\([0-9]\+\).*$/\1 \2/' ) )
echo ${mytime[0]}
echo ${mytime[1]}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add a timestamp to a filename?

whats going on guys. below is a script i made and am just curious if there is a "time stamp" command. so i can set the timestamp in a filename. #! /bin/ksh # # This scripts takes a list of files in the INDIR variable and compairs it to a list of files that are open in the same directory.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

add timestamp to filename

Does anyone know how to add a timestamp to a file's name extension in a shell script? Please help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterja
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timestamp in the filename

Hi i want to replace the previous time stamp with the current timsatp at the start of the file like 20090710_113354_FT0710a.txt this one to 20091111__113354_FT0710a.txt thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove timestamp from multiple filename

could you pls help me out in PERL i have a requirement like a.dat.<timestamp> b.dat.<timestamp> c.dat.<timestamp> can you pls help me to rename/remove timestamp a.dat b.dat c.dat Is there any way to remove timestamp alone Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaas
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and set timestamp

I have lots of files in this format: dvgrab-2003.06.29_15-30-24.mpg The numbers represents the date and time (YYYY.MM.DD_HH-MM-SS) How can I extract the dates from the filenames, and use the dates in the file timestamp? I guess this can be done by using "find", "sed" and "touch"? Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty1234
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get filename with size and timestamp

Hi, Below is a directory containing links new2,list,new1. I need to get the size and timestamp for them. How do i get these details. Please help lrwxrwxrwx 1 xxx abc 11 Nov 24 17:34 new2 -> ./org1/new2 lrwxrwxrwx 1 xxx abc 11 Nov 24 17:34 list -> ./org2/list lrwxrwxrwx 1 xxx abc 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

8. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename timestamp

Hi Gurus, I have different files with different timestamp and different base file name, I have to group those files based on basename and provide a unique file name for similar file names. My Directory has following files. abc_filename_20130623:00:09:00.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_linux
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort the timestamp in the filename in shell script?

originally the shellscript #ln_file_name=`echo $ld_interface_date"_"${8}".csv"` #ln_file_name=`echo 201202011527_HL_HLTM1_B04A.csv` ln_file_name="*"`echo ${7}".csv"` get_file_list_1=$log_path"tm1_file_list.gfl1" cd ${source_path} echo "Try to find any file exist in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: feilhk
10 Replies
tapset::timestamp(3stap)												  tapset::timestamp(3stap)

NAME
tapset::timestamp - systemtap timestamp tapset DESCRIPTION
Each timestamp function returns a value to indicate when a function is executed. These returned values can then be used to indicate when an event occurred, provide an ordering for events, or compute the amount of time elapsed between two time stamps. get_cycles Processor cycle count See function::get_cycles(3stap) for details. jiffies Kernel jiffies count See function::jiffies(3stap) for details. HZ Kernel HZ See function::HZ(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
function::get_cycles(3stap), function::jiffies(3stap), function::HZ(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::timestamp(3stap)