Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions i made this tasks. and i need some explenation or just remake my code. Post 302426084 by eclip on Monday 31st of May 2010 04:43:46 PM
Old 05-31-2010
what about this one?

The bash write a program to check the password to verify the validity of a given password according to the given conditions! The password should be specified on the program. The current password must meet the following conditions:

1) The minimum length to eight characters;

2) At least two characters must be numeric characters, and

3) must contain at least two of the following non-alphanumeric characters: @, #, $ or%.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repetitive Tasks

Could someone tell me how I can simplify the script that follows!!! I know that there must be a way how to grep Average from sar01.................. sar02 ....................... sar03....................... sar04... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JairGuerra
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with tasks!

Hi guys! I have a dummy question for u :p I cant find a solution for these tascks...tried everything (i know :cool: ). 1 Issue the following command sleep 1000 Note that sleep 1000 waits 1000 seconds!!! You cannot do anything now!!! 2 Open another terminal window and enter the tty... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RomeO
1 Replies

3. AIX

Junior SA Tasks?

I've been given more responsibility at work and was basically told to take junior system admin responsibilities over our aix box. The catch is, I need to learn on my own. I know basics, but what are some task that I could perform on a daily basis for starters? We have a support group, but not so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

schedule tasks

As far as I know Crontab is the utulity to schedule tasks to run at specific times.Is there any utility to perform the same task (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Hello.. can someone help my with this tasks?

1. Write a shell program which renames the current directory with the given file extension to another extension. The playoffs are given on the command line. Example usage: $ Rename txt doc will be renamed: aaa.txt in aaa.doc Juhutxt in Juhudoc ... * To solve, you can also help with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclip
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

[Tip] Housekeeping Tasks Made Easy - User Home directories and Leftover Files

We have regularly questions about how to create users and user accounts. But regularly user accounts need to be deleted too. It is quite easy to delete the user account itself but usually the HOME directory of the user remains. It is good style to remove these directories but simply deleting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
3 Replies
dxchpwd(1X)															       dxchpwd(1X)

NAME
dxchpwd - Create or change password program SYNOPSIS
dxchpwd dxchpwd -r | -l dxchpwd [-r | -l] -q dxchpwd [-r | -l] -u username OPTIONS
If dxchpwd is invoked without any options, it is assumed that the current user's password is to be changed. The following options are also accepted: Tells dxchpwd that the password change is to be done for a Local user. This can be combined with the -u and -q options. Tells dxchpwd that the password change is to be done for a NIS user. This can only be done from a NIS master and can be combined with the -u and -q options. Tells dxchpwd to query the user for the user name of the account whose password is to be changed. Tells dxchpwd to change this user's password. DESCRIPTION
The dxchpwd command lets you change your password. When you invoke the dxchpwd command, the program prompts you for the old password and then for the new password. Next, the program asks you for the new password again, to verify that you have typed it correctly. Note that the passwords are not displayed on the screen. Your new password must meet the length requirements specified by the authorization database for the user whose password is being changed. If your system is running with enhanced security, you may have to choose a password from a list of randomly generated passwords or you may be prohibited from changing your password until its minimum lifetime has expired, as specified in the authorization database. EXAMPLES
The following example requests that the password be changed for user smith: dxchpwd -u smith FILES
Password file Protected Password Database dxchpwd executable SEE ALSO
X(1X), xdm(1X), passwd(1) dxchpwd(1X)