Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert into C program
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert into C program Post 302426026 by hitmansilentass on Monday 31st of May 2010 10:53:27 AM
Old 05-31-2010
Convert into C program

Hi,

in this forum I was able to find a logic written by perderabo to write packed decimals. the code works fine. However, I would want to convert it to a c program. so as to do that I am not able to understand the below mentioned logic. Can someone please help me understand that?

Code:
if ((packswitch)) ; then
                char1=$dig
                octal=16#${char1}${char2}
                result=${octal#??}
                echo packing $olength $char1 $char2 $octal $result
                output[olength]=$(print -n \\${result})
                ((olength=olength-1))

else
                char2=$dig
        fi

Link to perderabo's code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How a program to convert '|' delimited file into excel?

Hi All, I want to convert a '|' delimited file to excel file. I want it is an automated process (this means I need not to open excel, import and choose '|' delimited, then ... to generate an excel) I need to use a scripts or proram to convert the file. Do any one have this tools? A... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert cpp program to c shell script ?

Hi guys I tried to convert this c++ code to c shell script but there are some bugs and I don't know how to solve it. This code prints the three variables in decreasing order: int main() { int x,y,z; cin >> x >> y >>z; if ( x < y ) if ( x < z ) if ( y < z ) cout << x <<" " <<... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: domain
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

please convert the below program into shell script

if ( ( grep -i "Exception : " /home/dklog* )) then echo " improper combination" elsif ( ( grep -i "invalid" /home/dklog*)) then echo " wrong process " fi fi in the above case i am facing the the syntx error please help in this case... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ksh to C program

Hi Guys...is there a way to convert a .ksh script to .C program..? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggars
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program to convert PDF to text/CSV

Please suggest ways to easily convert pdf to text in perl only on windows (no other tools can be downloaded) Here is what I have been doing : using a module CAM::PDF to extract data. But it shows everything in messy format :wall: But this module is the only one working with the pdf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
0 Replies

7. Programming

C program - convert values based on the position

Hey! I'm new to C. I need to covert certain values using C. please see the below. I have figured out the logic to do it. Please provide some hints to do this with C Logic: If first position of POS = 0, shift POS to the left one byte. If third position of POS = 0, move spaces to third... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker_me2002
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert perl program to shell

Hi is there a way that i can convert this simple perl program into shell script #!usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; open INPUTFILE, "uniqprobecoordinates.out" || die "canot open the file $!"; open OUTPUTFILE, ">", "1_4reads.out"; while(<INPUTFILE>) { chomp; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavpbk88
3 Replies

9. Programming

Urgent help needed.. C++ program to convert decimal to hexa decimal

Hi , seq can be 0...128 int windex = seq / 8; int bindex = seq % 8; unsigned char bitvalue = '\x01' << (7-bindex) ; bpv.bitmapvalue = bitvalue; This is the part of a program to convert decimal to bitmap value of hexadecimal. I want this to change to convert only to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
echo(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   echo(1)

NAME
echo - echo (print) arguments SYNOPSIS
[arg] ... DESCRIPTION
writes its arguments separated by blanks and terminated by a new-line on the standard output. It also understands C-like escape conven- tions; beware of conflicts with the shell's use of write an alert character backspace print line without appending a new-line form-feed new-line carriage return tab vertical tab backslash the 8-bit character whose ASCII code is the 1-, 2-, 3- or 4-digit octal number n, whose first character must be a zero. write an 8-bit value that is the zero-, one-, two- or three-digit octal number num is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe. Notes Berkeley differs from this implementation. The former does not implement the backslash escapes. However, the semantics of the escape can be obtained by using the option. The echo command implemented as a built-in function of follows the Berkeley semantics (see csh(1)). EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the interpretation of arg as single and/or multi-byte characters. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. AUTHOR
was developed by OSF and HP. SEE ALSO
sh(1). BUGS
No characters are printed after the first This is not normally a problem. STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
echo(1)