Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Reading a particular line from a .txt file Post 302425999 by gaurav1086 on Monday 31st of May 2010 09:00:31 AM
Old 05-31-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugga
Thanks Guys!
Problem solved Smilie
How did you solve it. Please share it with us. We would like to know.

Regards,
Gaurav.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Characters from txt file

Hello, I am new to shell scripting, and I am trying to create a script that reads an input like the following firstname:lastname:age firstname:lastname:age firstname:lastname:age in a text file. I have a 2 part question. First how do I open the file in a shell script. And then how can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TexasGuy
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading the txt file

hi to all im having some 20,000 files in that im having some contents say the tabulation of biophysics lab readings ... and i want read tat file and look into tat wether a number say -18.90 is there r not .. and if there print tat no wit file name beside thank you:D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maximas
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C-Shell script help reading from txt file

I need to write a C-Shell script with these properties: It should accept two arguments on the command line. The first argument is the name of a file which contains a list of names, and the second argument is the name of a directory. For each file in the directory, the script should print the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cerce
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text file, comparing a value in a line, and placing only part of the line in a variable?

I need some help. I would like to read in a text file. Take a variable such as ROW-D-01, compare it to what's in one line in the text file such as PROD/VM/ROW-D-01 and only input PROD/VM into a variable without the /ROW-D-01. Is this possible? any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xChristopher
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split Every Line In Txt Into Separate Txt File, Named Same As The Line

Hi All Is there a way to export every line into new txt file where by the title of each txt output are same as the line ? I have this txt files containing names: Kandra Vanhooser Rhona Menefee Reynaldo Hutt Houston Rafferty Charmaine Lord Albertine Poucher Juana Maes Mitch Lobel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

' for reading (No such file or directory) `Solaris_websummary.txt

echo "1.1 Apply latest OS patches;" awk '/1.2 Install/ {P=0} P {print $0} FNR==1{printf("From file %s:\n", FILENAME)} /1.1 Apply/ {P=1}' solarisappsummary.txt solarisdbsummary.txt solaris_websummary.txt echo "1.2 Install TCP Wrappers;" awk '/1.3 Install/ {P=0} P {print $0}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies
vavoom(6)							   Games Manual 							 vavoom(6)

NAME
       vavoom - The most advanced Doom/Heretic/Hexen/Strife source port around!

SYNOPSIS
vavoom [ -opengl ] [ -d3d ] [ -particles n ] [ -surfcachesize n ] [ -nosound ] [ -no3dsound ] [ -nomusic ] [ -cddev file ] [ -openal ] [ -nomouse ] [ -nojoy ] [ -nolan ] [ -noudp ] [ -ip ip_addr ] [ -noipx ] [ -mpath ] [ -port n ] { [ -freedoom] | [ -doom ] | [ -doom2 ] | [ -tnt ] | [ -plutonia ] | [ -heretic ] | [ -hexen ] | [ -strife ] } [ -game directory ] [ -devgame directory ] [ -devsnd sndinfo_script ] [ -progs directory ] DESCRIPTION
Vavoom is a source port based on sources of Doom, Heretic, Hexen and a little bit from Quake. Supported platforms are Windows and Linux. Vavoom has a graphical launcher (vlaunch). Graphic Options -opengl selects OpenGL driver -d3d selects Direct3D driver -particles <count> specifies number of particles to use, default is 2048, but you can't have less than 512 (i.e. you can't disable them) -surfcachesize <size> specifies size of surface cache memory, in kilobytes Sound Options -nosound disables all sound, music and CD-Audio -nosfx disables sound -no3dsound disables 3D sound, use original mode, Windows version only -nomusic disables music -nocdaudio disables CD music -cddev <file> specifies CD device file, default /dev/cdrom, LINUX version only -openal enabled OpenAL driver. Input Options -nomouse disables mouse -nojoy disables joystick Network Options -nolan disables all LAN drivers -noudp disables TCP/IP driver -ip <address> specifies IP address, Windows version only -noipx disables IPX driver -mpath enables MPATH TCP/IP driver, DOS version only -port <port> sets default LAN port Game selection -freedoom look only for FreeDoom IWAD files -doom look only for Doom IWAD files -doom2 look only for Doom 2: Hell On Earth IWAD files -tnt look only for Doom TNT: Evilution IWAD files -plutonia look only for Doom: The Plutionia Experiment IWAD files -heretic look only for Heretic IWAD files -hexen look only for Hexen IWAD files -strife look only for Strife IWAD files Custom games and development -game <directory> specifies custom game. -devgame <directory> like -game, but also sets Vavoom in development mode. -devsound <SNDINFO_script> sets sound development mode, uses given SNDINFO script, sounds and music are loaded form archive directory, which is specified in script. -progs <directory> specifies directory where to look for progs. Server progs are loaded from file svprogs.dat, client progs - clprogs.dat. Path must include ending slash. Example: -progs progs/myprogs/ -file <file1>[<file2>...] specifies additional files. -iwaddir <dir1>[<dir2>...] specifies additional directories where to look for IWAD files. Debugging Options -debug creates a debug file basev/debug.txt with all console messages. -starttime <time> sets start time, not in LINUX version and dedicated servers -rhide prints debugfile to stderr, in DOS version Sys_Error exits with call frame traceback More Information http://vavoom-engine.com/wiki/index.php?title=Command_line_arguments /usr/share/doc/vavoom/vavoom.txt.gz Doom is a registered trademark of id software (http://www.idsoftware.com/). Author See the copyright file on /usr/share/doc/vavoom/copyright games vavoom(6)