Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: counting prefixes of files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting counting prefixes of files Post 302425916 by bakunin on Monday 31st of May 2010 04:46:05 AM
Old 05-31-2010
Just a minor (and quite unrelated) observation: you don't need to issue "ls -1" when you pipe into another process, because "ls" will format its output in one long column automatically if the output is not going to a terminal. Therefore "ls -1 | ..." and "ls | ..." will give the same result.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting files

Which one line command can count and print to the screen the number of files containing "a" or "A" in their name (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edy
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with counting files please

Hi all. If I have a unix directory with multiple files, lets say, I have some with .dat extensions, some with .txt extensions, etc etc. How in a script would I provide a count of all the different file types (so, the different extensions, I guess) in the directory?? So if I had: test.dat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerard1
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Counting up files

Hi, I have a load of if statements that look for files in a directory, I want to be able to count them up and the total files confirmed in an email? I ahve tried expr but i this does not work and it only reads in the first if and ignores the rest. Please see script, #!/bin/ksh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting rows in many files

I'm regularly counting the number of rows in a number of files. I need to know how many rows their are in all files together. Counting rows in one file I can handle, but how do I count rows in all at once? I'd be grateful for any answer. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrZoidberg
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi editor prefixes lines with # upon paste

I've been away from Unix and the vi editor for a while, and now I'm using vi (actually vim) in a Cygwin bash shell. When I copy-and-paste code examples (I'm playing with perl now) any time I paste code with lines beginning with the # character, vi inserts a # character at the beginning of every... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenmangroup
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting Files

In a script, how would I go about finding the number of files for the first parameter after my script name? For instance, my script name is myscript.sh and the folder I am checking is not the current working directory, lets say it's folder1. so I type myscript.sh folder1 This script below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Confirmed104
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start from the prefixes, delete script

My folder is/app2/istech/scratch, which contain all the below files. I need to delete the files which start from the prefixes. dup_events_*.* Event_*.* New_time_*.* New_Loc_*.* New_Uptime_*.* Detailed_Reason*.* cmt_dup_*.* Uptime_*.* Can anyone please let me know how to write a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsnaveen
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting files without ls or wc

i need to write a shell script to "count the number of files in the current directory but without using either ls or wc command"..... please help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lexicon
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove prefixes before dot

Shell : Bash shell I have a text file with entries like below srv.sr_num sr_number, atvx.ATTRIB_37 Product_Name, ktx.X_ATTRIB_52 Product_Type, mkx.created sr_created_date, nbv.sr_cat_type_cd sr_type, bkrx.sr_area sr_category, .. frx.order_id, des.stats_name , fpxg.current_id_name, ...... .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)				     systemd-networkd.service				       SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-networkd.service, systemd-networkd - Network manager SYNOPSIS
systemd-networkd.service /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd DESCRIPTION
systemd-networkd is a system service that manages networks. It detects and configures network devices as they appear, as well as creating virtual network devices. To configure low-level link settings independently of networks, see systemd.link(5). systemd-networkd will create network devices based on the configuration in systemd.netdev(5) files, respecting the [Match] sections in those files. systemd-networkd will manage network addresses and routes for any link for which it finds a .network file with an appropriate [Match] section, see systemd.network(5). For those links, it will flush existing network addresses and routes when bringing up the device. Any links not matched by one of the .network files will be ignored. It is also possible to explicitly tell systemd-networkd to ignore a link by using Unmanaged=yes option, see systemd.network(5). When systemd-networkd exits, it generally leaves existing network devices and configuration intact. This makes it possible to transition from the initrams and to restart the service without breaking connectivity. This also means that when configuration is updated and systemd-networkd is restarted, netdev interfaces for which configuration was removed will not be dropped, and may need to be cleaned up manually. CONFIGURATION FILES
The configuration files are read from the files located in the system network directory /lib/systemd/network, the volatile runtime network directory /run/systemd/network and the local administration network directory /etc/systemd/network. Networks are configured in .network files, see systemd.network(5), and virtual network devices are configured in .netdev files, see systemd.netdev(5). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.link(5), systemd.network(5), systemd.netdev(5), systemd-networkd-wait-online.service(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)