Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Releasing a Port
Operating Systems AIX Releasing a Port Post 302425915 by bakunin on Monday 31st of May 2010 04:34:55 AM
Old 05-31-2010
Have a look at "/etc/inittab" to see which processes are started automatically during system startup. To configure the inittab do NOT use an editor, but the commands "rmitab" (delete), "lsitab" (list), "chitab" (change) and "mkitab" (create).

Issue a "lssrc -a" to get a list of all configured subsystems and compare this to what you found in "/etc/inittab".

Have a look at "/etc/inetd.conf" to see if there is any subserver configured.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with releasing semaphore lock

Hi, I am trying to write stuff to a shared memory using a writer, and reading the corresponding stuff using a reader. I am facing problems while releasing the lock, as a result of which I am having segmentation faults. The code is as follows... /********** writer.c ***********/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacques83
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Checking/ Releasing File Locks in Solaris

Hi, One of my prod jobs using Ab Initio (which is Solaris Based) returned this error: ========= Error from Reformat_3.000 on f7j21-01.xxxx3.com ========= Failed opening file for flow: Resource temporarily unavailable Flow = "Flow_11.000" connected to output port "out0" of "Reformat_3.000"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: teenu18
0 Replies

3. Linux

ext3 file system not releasing space

Hi all i am facing a problem with ext3 file system df -h is showing 19gb is used even if there is not a single file on the mount point /dev/mapper/vg01-archive 55G 19G 33G 36% /archive_log OS == Linux cdrsvr 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 17:03:35 EDT 2007... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajays
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas HSM not releasing tapes

I have a volume managed by Veritas Storage Migrator 6.0 running on Solaris 10. It has one managed volume and one tape robot it shares with netpackup (separate volume pools). When I check the process tree I am not seeing any migration processes running, but when I check the panel on the tape robot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
0 Replies

5. Programming

Posix Semaphore Use - Releasing all resources?

I am attempting to write a program with multiple POSIX threads. I want to ensure all threads are released at the same time. I am (trying to) use a semaphore to accomplish this. Without too much irrelevant information, I declare my semaphore with 0 of 25 resources available. Is there a way... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowbarr
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
4 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 6.1: Releasing Memory and Page Space

Hi everyone, i have a question about the Memory Management in AIX 6.1. I have - 128 GB RAM and - 70 GB Page Space. The application i am running on this machine is doing some operations in perl. These are done only once a day and uses both memory and paging space. My problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haichao
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

PLINK from Windows not releasing job

Hi all, I would greatly appreciate some help with this. I may not even be on the right path but I think I am close. I have a Synology NAS that I am running rsync jobs on to offload to USB3. These work fine. I have backup software on our Windows Server 2008R2 that I have now realized can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefshuuj
2 Replies
INITSCRIPT(5)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					     INITSCRIPT(5)

NAME
initscript - script that executes inittab commands. SYNOPSIS
/bin/sh /etc/initscript id runlevels action process DESCRIPTION
When the shell script /etc/initscript is present, init will use it to execute the commands from inittab. This script can be used to set things like ulimit and umask default values for every process. EXAMPLES
This is a sample initscript, which might be installed on your system as /etc/initscript.sample. # # initscript Executed by init(8) for every program it # wants to spawn like this: # # /bin/sh /etc/initscript <id> <level> <action> <process> # # Set umask to safe level, and enable core dumps. umask 022 ulimit -c 2097151 PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin export PATH # Increase the hard filedescriptor limit for all processes # to 8192. The soft limit is still 1024, but any unpriviliged # process can increase it's soft limit up to the hardlimit # with "ulimit -Sn xxx" (needs a 2.2.13 or later Linux kernel). ulimit -Hn 8192 # Execute the program. eval exec "$4" FILES
/etc/inittab, /etc/initscript. AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg ,<miquels@cistron.nl> SEE ALSO
init(8), inittab(5). December 24, 1999 INITSCRIPT(5)