Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Releasing a Port
Operating Systems AIX Releasing a Port Post 302425903 by kkeng808 on Monday 31st of May 2010 04:11:36 AM
Old 05-31-2010
[Solved] Releasing a Port

Hey Guys,

I need a help,

After I upgraded my server to AIX 6.1.4 the port 80 is occupied by a Java process

Code:
bash-3.00# netstat -Aan | grep "*.80"
f1000700007d7bb0 tcp        0      0  *.80               *.*                LISTEN
bash-3.00# rmsock f1000700007d7bb0 tcp
usage:  rmsock Addr TypeOfAddr
bash-3.00# rmsock f1000700007d7bb0 tcpcb
The socket 0x7d7808 is being held by proccess 221186 (java).
bash-3.00# ps -ef | grep 221186
    root 221186 147466   0 09:13:57      -  0:14 /usr/java5/bin/java -Xbootclasspath/a:/var/websm/lwi/runtime/core/rcp/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.rcp.base_6.1.2.200801281200/rcpbootcp.jar:/var/websm/lwi/lib/ISCJaasModule.jar:/var/websm/lwi/lib/icl.jar:/var/websm/lwi/lib/jaas2zos.jar:/var/websm/lwi/lib/jaasmodule.jar:/var/websm/lwi/lib/lwinative.jar:/var/websm/lwi/lib/lwinl1.jar:/var/websm/lwi/lib/lwinl2.jar:/var/websm/lwi/lib/lwinl3.jar:/var/websm/lwi/lib/lwirolemap.jar:/var/websm/lwi/lib/passutils.jar -Xverify:none -cp eclipse/launch.jar:eclipse/startup.jar:/var/websm/lwi/runtime/core/rcp/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.rcp.base_6.1.2.200801281200/launcher.jar com.ibm.lwi.LaunchLWI
    root 254176 598178   0 12:46:45  pts/0  0:00 grep 221186
bash-3.00#

I need to release the port 80.. I tried killing the java process, but its getting started immediately.. I need to free up the port 80 to start my HTTP server
Code:
bash-3.00# /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/bin/apachectl -k start
(67)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs
bash-3.00#

Please advise how to overcome this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with releasing semaphore lock

Hi, I am trying to write stuff to a shared memory using a writer, and reading the corresponding stuff using a reader. I am facing problems while releasing the lock, as a result of which I am having segmentation faults. The code is as follows... /********** writer.c ***********/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacques83
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Checking/ Releasing File Locks in Solaris

Hi, One of my prod jobs using Ab Initio (which is Solaris Based) returned this error: ========= Error from Reformat_3.000 on f7j21-01.xxxx3.com ========= Failed opening file for flow: Resource temporarily unavailable Flow = "Flow_11.000" connected to output port "out0" of "Reformat_3.000"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: teenu18
0 Replies

3. Linux

ext3 file system not releasing space

Hi all i am facing a problem with ext3 file system df -h is showing 19gb is used even if there is not a single file on the mount point /dev/mapper/vg01-archive 55G 19G 33G 36% /archive_log OS == Linux cdrsvr 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 17:03:35 EDT 2007... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajays
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas HSM not releasing tapes

I have a volume managed by Veritas Storage Migrator 6.0 running on Solaris 10. It has one managed volume and one tape robot it shares with netpackup (separate volume pools). When I check the process tree I am not seeing any migration processes running, but when I check the panel on the tape robot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
0 Replies

5. Programming

Posix Semaphore Use - Releasing all resources?

I am attempting to write a program with multiple POSIX threads. I want to ensure all threads are released at the same time. I am (trying to) use a semaphore to accomplish this. Without too much irrelevant information, I declare my semaphore with 0 of 25 resources available. Is there a way... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowbarr
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
4 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 6.1: Releasing Memory and Page Space

Hi everyone, i have a question about the Memory Management in AIX 6.1. I have - 128 GB RAM and - 70 GB Page Space. The application i am running on this machine is doing some operations in perl. These are done only once a day and uses both memory and paging space. My problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haichao
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

PLINK from Windows not releasing job

Hi all, I would greatly appreciate some help with this. I may not even be on the right path but I think I am close. I have a Synology NAS that I am running rsync jobs on to offload to USB3. These work fine. I have backup software on our Windows Server 2008R2 that I have now realized can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefshuuj
2 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Creates a link from a jar already installed in /usr/share/maven-repo. SYNOPSIS
mh_linkrepojar [option]... [pom] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Create symlinks from the jar in the Maven repository to any location, usually to a file located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [link] is a link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: package to act on -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: gives the location of the rules file for special properties. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar in the Maven repository. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)