Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace block of text with content of another file Post 302425795 by danmero on Sunday 30th of May 2010 07:50:01 AM
Old 05-30-2010
Code:
awk '/start/{f=1;print;while (getline < "file2"){print}}/end/{f=0}!f' file1

This User Gave Thanks to danmero For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to replace file content

Hi, I want to replace _F* by _F in a xml file. what is the sed command. I have tried sed "s/_F$/_F/g" or sed "s/_F*/_F/g" , but it does not work. thx file content <TAG>KC_FOU</TAG> <TAG>KC_FABC</TAG> <TAG>KC_FABCDG</TAG> desire output <TAG>KC_F</TAG> <TAG>KC_F</TAG> <TAG>KC_F</TAG> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: godfreyyip
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text block in multiple files

I need to replace (delete) a text block in a bunch of files, its a html table, almost at the end of pages but the location varies. In Windows I used Filemonkey, but nothing like that in Unix? There is replace from mysql, but how does it deal with newlines? sed only works with single lines,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eiland
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace file content after checking value

Our system is receiving one feed from the third party. One of the field in the flat file is ID which id from position 19 to 27. In some cases this ID is coming as 9 zeros (000000000) or 1 right padded zero. ( 0) For these specific records I want to replace fthis field with blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed/awk to replace a block of text in a file?

My apologies if this has been answered in a previous post. I've been doing a lot of searching, but I haven't been able to find what I was looking for. Specifically, I am wondering if I can utilize sed and/or awk to locate two strings in a file, and replace everything between those two strings... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiddsupreme
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace particular content in a xml file

Hi, My requirement is to find a text and replace it with another in a XML file. I am new to Unix,Please provide some suggestion to achieve. Find: <Style ss:ID="ColumnHeader1"> Replace with: <Style ss:ID="ColumnHeader1"> <Borders> <Border ss:Position="Bottom"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the content of file with incremented value

I have a file myfile with only one value 1000.I am using it in a shell script.Each time i run the script,the file shud get incremented by 1. I have used the below code for incrementing the value- curr=`cat myfile` echo $curr curr=`expr $curr + 1` But i am not sure how to save this replaced... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell: Replace a text block by another

Hello, I'm an starter in Bash scripting. I would like to write a script in Bash shell that replaces a specific text block (a function) by another text block in a file: for example in my file --> $HOME/myFile.js replacing following function between other functions in the file: function ABC()... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: om1559
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: replace content from file with the content from file

Hi, I am having trouble while using 'sed' with reading files. Please help. I have 3 files. File A, file B and file C. I want to find content of file B in file A and replace it by content in file C. Thanks a lot!! Here is a sample of my question. e.g. (file A: a.txt; file B: b.txt; file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace file name with Space as content

Hi, I am having a files in my directory like this: 2014 1049_file1.txt 2014 1050_file2.txt 2014 1110_file3.txt 2014 1145_file4.txt 2014 2049_file5.txt I need to replace the above file names like this without changing the content of filename: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
10 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)