Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting which is the Very basic certification on unix shell scripting? Post 302425702 by figaro on Saturday 29th of May 2010 05:41:09 AM
Old 05-29-2010
Some good points have been made in this thread:
https://www.unix.com/whats-your-mind/...scripting.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is a good place to learn basic shell scripting? Thanks!

See the title. Originally wasn't going to type anything but I need a message of at least 10 characters! :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deutchap6verse5
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting basic doubt

Hi, I have a script called sam.sh which consists of a single echo statement like this #/usr/bin/ksh echo "Mani" I changed the mode for the script by giving chmod a+x sam.sh. If I want to execute the scrpt by just giving the name at the command line "sam.sh", what should I necessarily do?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic shell scripting question

If I did indeed grep something out of it, why woudln't $result show nothing? When I do $? , it does show success... What is the proper syntax so that $result shows actual thing it's grepping out? result=`(ssh $host tail -1 /something/somethingelse) | egrep -i "value" >dev/null` #echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell basic

need some help badly. if i had a file with content of few lines like the followings. 1183724770.651 0.049 137.157.56.169 200 415 GET http://venus/client/clients.xml "text/xml" 1183724770.651 0.049 141.183.101.250 200 415 GET http://venus/client/clients.xml "text/xml" using what command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akagi07
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Certification Programme for Unix Shell Scripting

Hi All, Can any one know about "Certification Programme for Unix Shell Scripting"? How do I become Certified Unix shell scripting programmer? Where will I get this certification? How do I continue my career as a script programmer? What are the additional things to learn. Currently I know... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix shell script Certification for oracle developer.

hi friends, I would like to do the certification in Korn shell scripts { i am using HP UNIX machine }. is there any certification for UNIX shell script . If yes please tell me the details . i am junior level oracle plsql developer . i interseted in unix shell scripting . i need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg: Certification on Shell Scripting

Hi all, Please let me know whether any certifications are there for Shell Scripting. (Not Brainbench). If any one know pls post the details. Thanks in advnce.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Shell Scripting

Hi All, I am a newbie to shell scripting. I am trying to something like this. #!bin/bash cd /u01/app/oracle/ # then start the process ./opmnctl startall Can someone help me with this requirement. Help is very much appreciated. Thanks Venkat Please use code tags next time for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat8439
10 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)