Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ZOTAC IONITX-A-U Atom 330 1.6GHz Dual-Core 441 NVI Post 302425700 by figaro on Saturday 29th of May 2010 05:38:39 AM
Old 05-29-2010
Given the amount of available drivers and the attention of hardware manufacturers to the Linux movement, there is very few hardware retailed these days that will not run Linux. Certainly not for core components like motherboards. Some of the newest peripheral hardware is sometimes harder to connect, otherwise you should be trouble-free.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

atom third problems

Hi All, I have troubles with atom third tool... I have instrumented a program, but that one is runned via exec...(ksh shell) the program works normally but when I stop it, the log (program.3log) is not created by third... I forgot to tell that the program runned is a server Tuxedo.... Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: el_referente
0 Replies

2. Linux

linux for dual core processor

hi all I bought a new MSI motherboard and intel dual core processor . i have currently installed fedora core 3 for which audio is not detected . can u tell me which version of fedora core will support as i have tried with fedora core 6 which gets installed but gives a error while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageshrk
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between Dual-core & Core-to-duo

Can anybody tell What is the exact difference between a Dual-core processor and a Core-to-duo processor ?Advance thanks to all my friends. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Installation on PC with 1.6Ghz and 512 RAM

Hi, I am having one PC with 1.6 GHz, 512MB RAM and hard disk with 4.0 GB Can I install any version of Solaris. if yes then please tell me in detail or if no, then what other UNIX flavour is available with me. Thanx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
1 Replies

5. Linux

Supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" me

supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" message comes. I tried giving acpi=off to the kernel command line but same problem.It shows everything ok and no problem with memory and processors and power supplies.Wt could be the reason? It has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can i know this processor quad or dual core ?

hi every body i want to know if i have server with hp-ux os if i did "machinfo" i will see no of cpu = for example 16 how can i know this is dual or quad core . thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
2 Replies

7. UNIX Benchmarks

power 5 p520 2-dual core CPU and 8 Gig

p520's prtconf ..two internal drives 10K RPMs 140G, 2 dual core 1.5 GHz processors, 8 Gig of RAM, running AIX 7.1, with the newest gcc compiler The numbers don't make sense, Can someone comment ?? BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- AIX p520 1 7 00CD5D0C4C00 Start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

8. Hardware

ZOTAC NANO AD12...now a paperweight (power prob.)

I have a ZOTAC NANO AD12 that won't power on. The AC Adapter is ok and provides the required 19V. Only tips I found on the web were to unplug the cmos battery. That did not help. I did not have the unit very long and this happened some time ago so I just set the unit aside (until last night). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackrageous
1 Replies

9. Hardware

2013 Apple Mac Pro 2.7GHz 12 Core/64GB/256GB Flash/Dual AMD FirePro D700 6GB 6,1

Hey MacPro users. I just bought a refurbished 13-Core MacPro with 64GB of RAM for a cybersecurity gaming project I'm working on. Could not wait for the new MacPro in 2019, so this will have to do: 2013 Apple Mac Pro 2.7GHz 12 Core/64GB/256GB Flash/Dual AMD FirePro D700 6GB 6,1 Now, I'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
SENSORS-DETECT(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 SENSORS-DETECT(8)

NAME
sensors-detect - detect hardware monitoring chips SYNOPSIS
sensors-detect DESCRIPTION
sensors-detect is an interactive program that will walk you through the process of scanning your system for various hardware monitoring chips, or sensors, supported by libsensors(3), or more generally by the lm_sensors tool suite. sensors-detect will look for the following devices, in order: o Sensors embedded in CPUs, south bridges and memory controllers. o Sensors embedded in Super I/O chips. o Hardware monitoring chips accessed through ISA I/O ports. o Hardware monitoring chips reachable over the SMBus or more generally any I2C bus on your system. As the last two detection steps can cause trouble on some systems, they are normally not attempted if the second detection step led to the discovery of a Super I/O chip with complete hardware monitoring features. However, the user is always free to ask for all detection steps if so is his/her wish. This can be useful if a given system has more than one hardware monitoring chip. Some vendors are known to do this, most notably Asus and Tyan. WARNING
sensors-detect needs to access the hardware for most of the chip detections. By definition, it doesn't know which chips are there before it manages to identify them. This means that it can access chips in a way these chips do not like, causing problems ranging from SMBus lockup to permanent hardware damage (a rare case, thankfully.) The authors made their best to make the detection as safe as possible, and it turns out to work just fine in most cases, however it is impossible to guarantee that sensors-detect will not lock or kill a specific system. So, as a rule of thumb, you should not run sensors- detect on production servers, and you should not run sensors-detect if can't afford replacing a random part of your system. Also, it is recommended to not force a detection step which would have been skipped by default, unless you know what you are doing. SEE ALSO
sensors(1), libsensors(3) AUTHOR
Frodo Looijaard and Jean Delvare lm-sensors 3 December 2008 SENSORS-DETECT(8)