Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating MetaDB
Operating Systems Solaris Creating MetaDB Post 302425698 by adelsin on Saturday 29th of May 2010 05:33:37 AM
Old 05-29-2010
Creating MetaDB

I'm trying create metadb's. I'm telling them to live on mounted partitions. Is this acceptable?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

help on metadb

Hi All, Please help me on metastat and metadb. I don't where do start on doing queries on all these solaris 8 disk. Give me an idea and I will do the rest? What's the command for verifying raid 1 or 5? Verify what's the adapter (scsi or san)? Thanks in advance, itik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris with metadb

Hi All, If solaris has metadb services on the disk, it means that it has a HW raid controller. Or what. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to create metadb when there is no free slice

Hi All, I have to do disk mirroring, for that I have to create a metadb as disk mirroring have to do with SVM. However I do not have any slice free for metadb. What are the options? Please suggest (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

metadb errors

Hi All. Been out of Unix admin work for about 10 years and I just took over a new position... seeing the 'use metadb to delete databases which are broken message' on reboot. The system comes up but I'm not sure what's on this disk that's failing... metadb -i shows: excalibur# metadb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Meta Devices ( Metadb )

Hi All, I have two disks which has been configured for RAID 1 Already. I am adding more 6 disks in the system and I am configuring RAID 1 for all. So in this case should , how should i create a metadb . Thanks and Regards Rj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Segmentation Fault/ core dumped in metadb

When I was trying to mirror in my v880 server after OS up gradation from 8 to 10 metadb -afc 3 /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 I got an error metadb: Segmentation Fault Segmentation Fault (core dumped) Then I logged a case to Oracle/sun team they suggest "Please could you try metadb -ac 3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: taherahmed
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to create metadb with zpool in Solaris 11

Hi, my root pool is as follows. How can I create a metadb if I want to create SVM volumes? zpool status pool: rpool1 state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM rpool1 ONLINE 0 0 0 c4t1d0s0 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating metadb

hi all , i need please help with this command i tried to create a metadb in live system , i got this message metadb: fintest: c0t0d0s7: overlaps with c0t0d0s0 which is mounted as '/' any idea of who to do the creation with such problem (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Metadb

Hi, I have inherited a system with two disks mirrored, and only 1 metadb on each, I have deleted the db on c1t1 and recreated 3 which is fine. But when it comes to c1t0, the metadb -d /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5 doesnt removed the existing db and the create metadb -a -f -c3 /dev/dsk/c1t0dos5 wont... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: richard.tarlton
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris can not boot because metadb lost

how to recovery metadb? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dzung
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-GPT-AUTO-GENERATOR(8)				    systemd-gpt-auto-generator				     SYSTEMD-GPT-AUTO-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-gpt-auto-generator - Generator for automatically discovering and mounting root, /home and /srv partitions, as well as discovering and enabling swap partitions, based on GPT partition type GUIDs. SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-gpt-auto-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-gpt-auto-generator is a unit generator that automatically discovers root, /home, /srv and swap partitions and creates mount and swap units for them, based on the partition type GUIDs of GUID partition tables (GPT). It implements the Discoverable Partitions Specification[1]. Note that this generator has no effect on non-GPT systems, or where the directories under the mount points are already non-empty. Also, on systems where the units are explicitly configured (for example, listed in fstab(5)), the units this generator creates are overridden, but additional implicit dependencies might be created. This generator will only look for root partitions on the same physical disk the EFI System Partition (ESP) is located on. It will only look for the other partitions on the same physical disk the root file system is located on. These partitions will not be searched on systems where the root file system is distributed on multiple disks, for example via btrfs RAID. systemd-gpt-auto-generator is useful for centralizing file system configuration in the partition table and making manual configuration in /etc/fstab or suchlike unnecessary. This generator looks for the partitions based on their partition type GUID. The following partition type GUIDs are identified: Table 1. Partition Type GUIDs +-------------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------+ |Partition Type GUID | Name | Explanation | +-------------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------+ |44479540-f297-41b2-9af7-d131d5f0458a | Root Partition (x86) | On 32-bit x86 systems, the first x86 | | | | root partition on the disk the EFI | | | | ESP is located on is mounted to the | | | | root directory /. | +-------------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------+ |4f68bce3-e8cd-4db1-96e7-fbcaf984b709 | Root Partition (x86-64) | On 64-bit x86 systems, the first | | | | x86-64 root partition on the disk | | | | the EFI ESP is located on is mounted | | | | to the root directory /. | +-------------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------+ |69dad710-2ce4-4e3c-b16c-21a1d49abed3 | Root Partition (32-bit ARM) | On 32-bit ARM systems, the first ARM | | | | root partition on the disk the EFI | | | | ESP is located on is mounted to the | | | | root directory /. | +-------------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------+ |b921b045-1df0-41c3-af44-4c6f280d3fae | Root Partition (64-bit ARM) | On 64-bit ARM systems, the first ARM | | | | root partition on the disk the EFI | | | | ESP is located on is mounted to the | | | | root directory /. | +-------------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------+ |993d8d3d-f80e-4225-855a-9daf8ed7ea97 | Root Partition (Itanium/IA-64) | On Itanium systems, the first | | | | Itanium root partition on the disk | | | | the EFI ESP is located on is mounted | | | | to the root directory /. | +-------------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------+ |933ac7e1-2eb4-4f13-b844-0e14e2aef915 | Home Partition | The first home partition on the disk | | | | the root partition is located on is | | | | mounted to /home. | +-------------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------+ |3b8f8425-20e0-4f3b-907f-1a25a76f98e8 | Server Data Partition | The first server data partition on | | | | the disk the root partition is | | | | located on is mounted to /srv. | +-------------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------+ |0657fd6d-a4ab-43c4-84e5-0933c84b4f4f | Swap | All swap partitions located on the | | | | disk the root partition is located | | | | on are enabled. | +-------------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------+ |c12a7328-f81f-11d2-ba4b-00a0c93ec93b | EFI System Partition (ESP) | The first ESP located on the disk | | | | the root partition is located on is | | | | mounted to /boot or /efi, see below. | +-------------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------+ The /home and /srv partitions may be encrypted in LUKS format. In this case, a device mapper device is set up under the names /dev/mapper/home and /dev/mapper/srv. Note that this might create conflicts if the same partition is listed in /etc/crypttab with a different device mapper device name. Mount and automount units for the EFI System Partition (ESP) are generated on EFI systems. The ESP is mounted to /boot, unless a mount point directory /efi exists, in which case it is mounted there. Since this generator creates an automount unit, the mount will only be activated on-demand, when accessed. On systems where /boot (or /efi if it exists) is an explicitly configured mount (for example, listed in fstab(5)) or where the /boot (or /efi) mount point is non-empty, no mount units are generated. When using this generator in conjunction with btrfs file systems, make sure to set the correct default subvolumes on them, using btrfs subvolume set-default. systemd-gpt-auto-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.mount(5), systemd.swap(5), systemd-fstab-generator(8), systemd-cryptsetup@.service(8), cryptsetup(8), fstab(5), btrfs(8) NOTES
1. Discoverable Partitions Specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/DiscoverablePartitionsSpec/ systemd 237 SYSTEMD-GPT-AUTO-GENERATOR(8)