Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications invoke remote graphical application..and display locally Post 302425626 by pseudocoder on Friday 28th of May 2010 04:54:43 PM
Old 05-28-2010
Not sure if I got that, but maybe you mean something like VNC via/over/through SSH Smilie
Google contains plenty of instructions how to set that up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

need graphical display of Hp server

Hi all, i need graphical display of my Hp server to install oracle software.i connected it through telnet.can we connect from windows client to Hp server through remote desktop connection.please guide.i try a lot to get it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file from remote system and work on it locally

Hi! I am still fairly new to shell programming, but I have taken an interest to it and want to try some new stuff. I intend to make a shell script (using bash) to read a file on a remote system, then do some work on it on the local system and display it. In the long run I want to have a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaOzymandias
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to refresh a graphical display through bash script

Hi folks , I need to display a message graphically using a messagebox or textbox through bash script. However the message should be keep changing every 4 secs . I input the message from a file and use "gxmessage" to display it . gxmessage -nofocus -center -title "Welcome screen" -geometry... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddspark
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using remote rsync, but copy locally?

I'm looking to use rsync to compare remote files and to copy the diff to a local directory, rather than transfer over the net. The net connection is not fast enough to transfer these files (~1.8TB) and I'd like to sneakernet them instead. Possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfbills
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Porting graphical Solaris application to Linux

I don't expect any quick answers, but if people have links to resources I can investigate I'd be extremely appreciative. Here is what we have today: The "application" is a multi-process train control system that uses the Unix desktop, currently CDE, several motif-based applications and sound,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paz9
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing a file on remote server using shell script locally

Hi All, I have below requirements for my project: 1. Building a shell script which connects to a remote server 2. running script on local machine as user 'A' 3. connecting to server using user 'B' with password 4. login with a powerbroker role 'P' (asks for same password as 'B') on that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nishant Ladiwal
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing a file on remote server using shell script locally

Hi Scott, My previous post was not for any school or college projects. I am currently working with a IT company (Cannot provide more details than this). I am trying to implement the below script in my day-to-day work, Apologies for the confusion in previous post :). My question remains same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishant Ladiwal
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH - remote output locally

The code below works ok, however; I need to output the results to a local variable the_path="/mnt/back/hang" ssh -T -i /home/buddy/.ssh/id_rsa buddy@ginger << EOF find ${the_path} -name "*.jpg" | wc -l > ## output to local variable exit EOF (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cannot show graphical login display

Hi all, I'm running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.3 Santiago. I already installed the X Window package during installation and the graphical login display can be shown normally after installation. Yesterday, I accessed remotely by GUI mode using VNC viewer and somehow it got crashed.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Closing a graphical application by pid

Hi all, I have a small graphical application whose only purpose is to pop up certain types of messages. Currently, I'm using it in a Bash script like this: ./MyProg "this is my message" while do ... do things ... done What I want to do is after the while loop is over (it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
4 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)