Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Erase AIX rootvg system disk
Operating Systems AIX Erase AIX rootvg system disk Post 302425589 by ross.mather on Friday 28th of May 2010 01:58:40 PM
Old 05-28-2010
If its military or other secure environments they usually want 7 patterns written.
This User Gave Thanks to ross.mather For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX System paramerter for Disk performance

Can I change any AIX System paramerter for speeding the data Disk performance? Currently it slows with writing operations. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gogogo
1 Replies

2. AIX

Erase hard disk data

How to erase/format hard disk data in RS6000 AIX PowerPC model 43 :confused: ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenloong
8 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.2/5.3 - rootvg on SAN disk - pros and cons

We are considering a DR strategy of booting AIX 5.3 and 5.3 logical partitions from EMC Symmetrix SAN disks, so that we can replicate via SRDF to a recovery site. Has anyone tried configuring AIX 5.x systems to boot from SAN disk? If so, can you provide any information on the pros and cons of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjgarrot
6 Replies

4. AIX

Erase hard disk

Hi ... How to erase bootable hard disk in Pseries... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
3 Replies

5. AIX

how to erase VIO server's rootvg?

how to erase VIO server's rootvg? I don't have CD can reinstall a new OS, can I go to maintenance to erase rootvg? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to use dd command to erase the data in disk

how to use dd command to erase the data in disk, such as hdisk2? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
9 Replies

7. AIX

vio server's rootvg disk migratepv

Hi I need to do the migratepv for the rootvg disks of the vio servers ? The current rootvg disks are on DMX3 storage and the new disks will be given from VMAX. Our setup is dual vio servers with multipathing to the vio clients. What is the command to do the migratepv for the vio rootvg disks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
5 Replies

8. AIX

access data from a new disk was assigned another rootvg

Hello, I try to access to data after connect a new disk (hdisk1) to a AIX 7.1 system This new disk was assigned to a rootvg from another AIX 6.1 system. It seem not assigned to any vg but if I tried to assigned hdisk1 to rootvg i get : Data seem to be always here ... ouf ;-)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Voran
4 Replies

9. AIX

AIX break rootvg mirror from system down

Hello, aix 5.2, mirrored rootvg on hdisk0 and hdisk1. hdisk0 is dead. I can boot to cd, into sms, into maintenance mode. I can fsck all the various partitions on hdisk1 (the hd4 hd2 hd3, etc...) all is fine. But without the hdisk0 part of the mirror I cannot get the system to boot. ystem hangs on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshapiro
6 Replies
case(n) 						       Tcl Built-In Commands							   case(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
case - Evaluate one of several scripts, depending on a given value SYNOPSIS
case string ?in? patList body ?patList body ...? case string ?in? {patList body ?patList body ...?} _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Note: the case command is obsolete and is supported only for backward compatibility. At some point in the future it may be removed entirely. You should use the switch command instead. The case command matches string against each of the patList arguments in order. Each patList argument is a list of one or more patterns. If any of these patterns matches string then case evaluates the following body argument by passing it recursively to the Tcl interpreter and returns the result of that evaluation. Each patList argument consists of a single pattern or list of patterns. Each pattern may con- tain any of the wild-cards described under string match. If a patList argument is default, the corresponding body will be evaluated if no patList matches string. If no patList argument matches string and no default is given, then the case command returns an empty string. Two syntaxes are provided for the patList and body arguments. The first uses a separate argument for each of the patterns and commands; this form is convenient if substitutions are desired on some of the patterns or commands. The second form places all of the patterns and commands together into a single argument; the argument must have proper list structure, with the elements of the list being the patterns and commands. The second form makes it easy to construct multi-line case commands, since the braces around the whole list make it unneces- sary to include a backslash at the end of each line. Since the patList arguments are in braces in the second form, no command or variable substitutions are performed on them; this makes the behavior of the second form different than the first form in some cases. SEE ALSO
switch(n) KEYWORDS
case, match, regular expression Tcl 7.0 case(n)