Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can i pass 2 command line arguments with a range between them Post 302425514 by dazdseg on Friday 28th of May 2010 08:17:31 AM
Old 05-28-2010
thanks a lot frans.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

command line arguments

Hi How to pass multi line text as a command line argument to a program. (i.e) ./a.out hi this is sample 0 file1 where hi this is sample should be stored in argv 0 in argv and so on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arguments in command line

Hi all, How many arguments can we pass while testing a prgm at command line.. I encountered an issue while passing 10 arguments. For $10 its taking argument passed for $1 followed by 'zero'. can we pass more than 9 arguments /Is there any other way. Thanks, rrs (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrs
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line arguments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have this while loop and at the end I am trying to get it to tell me the last argument I entered. And with it like this all I get is the sentence with no value for $1. Now I tried moving done after the sentence... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skooly5
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass command line arguments to awk

I am trying to pass max as a sommand line argument when I call awk. Made the modification in the BEGIN but it is not working I'm getting an error as below: awk: txsrx.awk:82: (FILENAME=jcd.tx FNR=4161) fatal: cannot open file `40' for reading (No such file or directory) Somehow it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

5. Programming

How to pass the command line arguments to the shell script in c language?

hi, I am new in the shell script, and c programming with linux. I am looking to pass the arguments in c program that should be executed by the shell script. e.g. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int i; for (i=1;i<argc; i++) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharlin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I pass arguments to system command in a awk script?

Hi I need your help, please How can I pass arguments to system command in a awk script?... for example: byte=substr(cadena,pos,2); system("grep -n byte mapeo.txt"); Does it exist a way? Thanks for advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris21
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass command line arguments to awk program?

#!/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS=":"; } { if ( $7 == "" ) { print $1 ": no password!"; } } I want to execute this program for a particular user to check for his password from the file /etc/passwd (as the input file) and the user details to be given... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri.phani
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass Arguments to Command from Shell Script

Hi all, I am working on a project, in which I have to connect to Bluetooth low energy device. I am able to connect and do data transfer from command line. But I want to do from script Here is my script #!/bin/bash #sudo hcitool -i hci0 lescan sleep 1 sudo hcitool -i hci0 lecc --random... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin@embdes
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the output of a command line by line and pass it as a variable?

Hi, I have some 2000 names in a table like below. Java Oracle/SQL ANSI SQL SQL,DWH,DB DB&Java And by using for loop in my code i am able to get a single word but if there is any special character or space then it is considering as a next line. I have to execute the below queries in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file lines and pass line values as arguments.

Dears, Need help to implement below requirement A file (detail.txt)contain : 1st column: Stream 2nd column: PathAddress 3rd column: Counterlimit 4th column: TransactionDateColumn 5th column: DateType 6th column: SleepValue 7th column: Status Need to write a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
1 Replies
pbmreduce(1)                                                  General Commands Manual                                                 pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)