Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract specific line if the search pattern is found Post 302425499 by Sekar1 on Friday 28th of May 2010 07:40:03 AM
Old 05-28-2010
Thanks for your response.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract specific pattern from logfile

Log File: Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION=(SOURCE_ROUTE=OFF)(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=hostname1.com)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=database1)(SRVR=DEDICATED))) Attempting to contact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techychap
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To add a new line with specific text after the pattern is found using sed

hi guys, im trying to add the following line in my xml file <dbrollbacksegs <oa_var="s_db_rollback_segs">NOROLLBACK</dbrollbacksegs> when ever i find the following line <dbsharedpool oa_var="s_dbsharedpool_size">300000000</dbsharedpool> I have succedded till adding a new line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarlaku
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking the sum of a column when specific pattern is found

Hi Am trying to sum up a file # cat /Out maths 2 0.0 english 2091 0.2 history -1 0.0 physics 18 0.0 -------------------------------------- maths ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line

I had a spot of trouble coming up with a title, hopefully you'll understand once you read my problem... :) I have the output of an ldapsearch that looks like this: dn: cn=sam,ou=company,o=com uidNumber: 7174 gidNumber: 49563 homeDirectory: /home/sam loginshell: /bin/bash uid: sam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgoober
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting , need to search and print a line that contains a specific pattern

Take example of below file. abc.txt nas1:/abc/test/test1 /test nas1:/abc/test/test1/test2 /test/abc nas1:/abc/test/ Now i have a variable that contains "nas1:/abc/test/test1" value , so i need to search the above file for this variable and print only this line. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
mms_rsp_type(3MMS)				     Media Management System Library Functions					mms_rsp_type(3MMS)

NAME
mms_rsp_type, mms_get_tree, mms_get_str, mms_get_attribute, mms_handle_err_rsp - MMS client functions for handling responses SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag...] file... -lmms [ library...] #include <mms_api.h> int mms_rsp_type(void *response); mms_par_node_t *mms_get_tree(void *response); char *mms_get_str(void *response); char *mms_get_attribute(void *response, char *name, void **prev); int mms_handle_err_response(void *response, int * class, int * code, char **message); DESCRIPTION
For these functions, response is the MMS response to an MMP command sent by the client. The mms_rsp_type() macro returns the type of the response. The following is a list of responses: MMS_API_RSP_UNACC unacceptable response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL success response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_INTR intermediate response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_ERR error response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_CANC cancelled response The mms_get_tree() macro returns the parse tree of the response. The mms_get_str() macro returns the response string. The mms_get_attribute() function takes a response with name values looking for name, and returning the value associated with it. A client can call this function multiple times if the response contains multiple instances of name. When all occurrences of name have been found, NULL is returned. The mms_handle_err_rsp() function processes an error response on behalf of the client. It returns the error class, error code, and the internationalized error message if one was included. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, mms_handle_err_rsp() returns MMS_API_OK. If it encounters a processing error, it returns an error code indicat- ing the type of error. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: MMS_API_ERROR Unable to obtain error class or code. MMS_API_NOT_ERR_RSP Response is not an error response. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libmms(3LIB), mms_init(3MMS), mms_send_cmd(3MMS), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Oct 2008 mms_rsp_type(3MMS)