Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Retries in shell programming. Post 302425426 by singh.chandan18 on Friday 28th of May 2010 12:39:56 AM
Old 05-28-2010
Thanks Devaraj, this is really helpful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Programming Help

Hi, I am new to shell programming, and hve been given a request to write a shell script. Is there any good places to go to see examples of how to write shell programming scripts? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mec585858
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming?

For what purposes should we use shell /what are the tasks we can achieve using shell which is best book to learn shell programming and will nayone tell me diff between shell programming aand shell scripting? Thank u in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrikrishna
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming

Provides a menu structure that allows a user to select several options - input a name and address, lookup a name and address, delete a name and address, and print a formatted report from a text database (note: this requirement assumes that you will use the program to create a database, though in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DonOmar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail retries sending to non-existant users

How can i get sendmail to immediately bounce mail when the server on the other side gives a "550 unknown user" SMTP error? Currently, the outbound mail stays in the queue and is retried until our server gives up, some days later. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 2.6:max login retries

HI, I'm on Solaris 2.6. Where do I set the max login retries? Pls help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mad_chung
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programming

Hi iam new to shell programming. I would like to ask one dought abt the file handling in unix. Iam having a file1 as follows: ASDERFCX1234567890123456 POIUYTRE0098765432123456 BVCXCVBN0955644411111111 File2 ASDERFCX1234567890123456 kill@abc.com ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help for shell programming

My purpose was to print out all of name of students in a list.First of all,I created a file name "List" in /home/tuan/Desktop/Shell_programming as below Tom Henry Ben Linda Marry And my script "script" is #!/bin/sh path=/home/tuan/Desktop/Shell_programming/List for student in $path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thungmail
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell programming

Hi i need a favour i have a file which has some trillions of records. The file is like this 11111000000000192831840914000000000000000000000000000 45789899090000000000000000011111111111111111111111111 I want to cut specific postions in each line like cut1-3 and assisgn it to a variable and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: richa2.m
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell programming

Hi every one,i am new to unix.Can any one tell me about shell programming.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: martina100011
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)