Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to initialize tape drive
Operating Systems SCO How to initialize tape drive Post 302425412 by jgt on Thursday 27th of May 2010 10:15:40 PM
Old 05-27-2010
There is no longer any documentation on SCO's web site about 7.0. What make/model host adapter is the drive attached to?
Have you run dcu to detect the drive?
Unixware is quite uncommon, as the vast majority of licenses were sold to a small number of customers for point of sale applications.
Mikep, I think that he means that the scsi id is 3, which he sees during POST.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tape drive install

I'm trying to install a tape drive on a compaq SCO OS 505. well I have gone through the mkdev tape comands and what have you yet no luck. when I reboot and do a simple tape rewind it gives me an error no such device etc.etc. IS there a diference in the xct0 and rct0 a the default? help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikkin
2 Replies

2. Linux

Installing tape drive?

Hello. I have Redhat 8.0 on a laptop. Working good. I wanted to install the tape drive that is physically attached to it. The tape drive worked fine under Windows98SE. It's one of those parallel QIC-80 drives and I confirmed that it is supported by FTape. It appears that FTape might already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuralTurtle
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

4. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using a remote tape drive.

Hello everyone. I googled a little bit, and the best anwers i had were found in this forum. But , unfortunately, they couldn't give me a solution. So i decided to ask the question completely. I have two servers: One RHEL 5 , x64 , with a SCSI DAT72 Tape Drive. Another (the new one), with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pablobhz
0 Replies

7. Solaris

[SOLVED] How to initialize LTO5 Tape Drive?

Hi, We replaced one of our tape drives (attached to a SPARC Server) with an LTO5 one (external, attached vi SAS). Manually we check (using tar) that the OS can write data to the Tape Drive, however, the application backup is failing. Since the application takes its own backup, the apps team... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies
tms(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    tms(4)

Name
       tms - TMSCP magnetic tape interface

Syntax
       For UNIBUS, Q-bus:
	  controller klesiu0 at uba0
	  controller uq0 at klesiu0 csr 0174500 vector uqintr
	  tape tms0 at uq0 drive 0

For MSI Bus:
	  adapter msi0 at nexus?
	  controller dssc0 at msi0 msinode 0
	  tape tms0 at dssc0 drive 3

For VAXBI:
	  controller klesib0 at vaxbi0 node 0
	  controller uq0 at klesib0 vector uqintr
	  tape tms0 at uq0 drive 0

controller aie0 at vaxbi? node?
	  controller bvpssp0 at aie0 vector bvpsspintr
	  tape tms0 at bvpssp0 drive 0

For MSI Bus:
	  adapter msi0 at nexus?
	  controller dssc0 at msi0 msinode 0
	  tape tms0 at dssc0 drive 0

For VAX CI/HSC:
	  adapter ci0 at nexus?
	  adapter ci0 at vaxbi? node?
	  controller hsc0 at ci0 cinode 6
	  tape tms0 at hsc0 drive 3

Description
       Prior to Version 2.0, this device was referenced by tmscp(4).

The  TMSCP  driver  provides  a standard tape drive interface, as described in This is a driver for any controller that adheres to the Tape
       Mass Storage Control Protocol (TMSCP).  The TMSCP controllers communicate with the host through a packet-oriented protocol termed the  Tape
       Mass  Storage  Control Protocol.  This driver also supports n-buffered reads and writes to the raw tape interface (used with streaming tape
       drives).  See for further details.

Tape Support
       TK50, TK70, TF70, TU81, TU81e, TA78, TA79, TA81, RV20, TA90, TA90E, TA91

Diagnostics
       All diagnostic messages are sent to the error logger subsystem.

Files
See Also
       mtio(4), nbuf(4), MAKEDEV(8), uerf(8), tapex(8)
       Guide to the Error Logger

tms(4)