Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Why is required to leave an empty line at the end of a C program? Post 302425391 by Corona688 on Thursday 27th of May 2010 06:40:52 PM
Old 05-27-2010
Yes, it's part of the C standard. It's also so totally pointless and such a sore point for nitpickers that gcc 4.3 and newer dropped it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

End of loop condition required???

Hi i have a variable with lots of tokens seperated with spaces. e.g VAR="ABC DEF GHSD GHQS TUTSD JHDTQ QDHQ CDQKDGQ WQUTQD DQUTQD DQJGDQ QDTQD WDQUTQDU QDUGQD QDJGQD DQUTDUQ QDUIDTQ" i want to separate all of the above tokens and call a script with each of the token e.g sh script.sh <TOKEN>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent Help required : awk/sed help to find pattern and delete till end of line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help required on printing the line if third field is not a empty space

Hi Experts, I want to print the lines whose third field in non-empty/blank space. i.e. INPUT FILE/B] dcdccghjrry0yd cont dcdccttrk820529 cont rdekedfsSCr dcdccttrdky2d0y cont rdekedfsSC2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krao
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Empty columns at the end of csv file

Hi, Can you please tell me how to add empty columns at the end csv file? Currently there are 6 columns in the csv file. I want to add 35 empty columns at the end of this csv file. Thanks, Tushar (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tushar Bendale
17 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Empty lines at the end of the payload generated in FTP server

Hi All, I am facing an issue in one of the use cases that I am trying to implement. I am getting a purchase order from one of the trading partners through Oracle B2B. B2B forwards this B2BM (B2B message ) to AIAB2BInterface. From AIAB2BInterface my BPEL process gets invoked, which in turn... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayank2211
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing empty lines at the end of a Tab-delimited file

I'm trying to remove all of the empty lines at the end of a Tab delimited file. They have no data just tabs. I've tried may things, here are a couple: sed /^\t.\t/d File1 > File2 sed /^\t{44}/d File1 > File2 What am I missing? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SirHenry1
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Test program running taking much more time on high end server T5440 than low end server T5220

Hi all, I have written the following program and run on both T5440 and T5220 on same OS version. I found that T5540 server takes more time than T5220. Please find below the details. test1.cpp #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> using namespace std; #define NUM_OF_THREADS 20... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_singh85
17 Replies

8. Linux

Add empty columns at the end of a CSV file

I have a .CSV file (lets say named as file.csv) with numeric and string values. The string might contain commas hence they are enclosed in double quotes as in the below format. column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6,column7 12,455,"string, with, quotes, and with, commas, in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check for empty line at end of a dynamic header in each file

Hi Folks, I have a requirement to develop a shell script. PFB my requirement, Requirement: I need to check an empty line after the end of each header in respective file and if a empty line is present simply echo file OK and if empty line is not present echo "Adding empty line" and add an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpk
6 Replies
std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >(3cxx)								  std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >(3cxx)

NAME
std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator > - SYNOPSIS
Inherits std::iterator< iterator_traits< _Iterator >::iterator_category, iterator_traits< _Iterator >::value_type, iterator_traits< _Iterator >::difference_type, iterator_traits< _Iterator >::pointer, iterator_traits< _Iterator >::reference >. Public Types typedef __traits_type::difference_type difference_type" typedef iterator_traits < _Iterator > ::iterator_category iterator_category" typedef _Iterator iterator_type typedef __traits_type::pointer pointer typedef __traits_type::reference reference typedef iterator_traits < _Iterator >::value_type value_type" Public Member Functions reverse_iterator () reverse_iterator (iterator_type __x) reverse_iterator (const reverse_iterator &__x) template<typename _Iter > reverse_iterator (const reverse_iterator< _Iter > &__x) iterator_type base () const reference operator* () const reverse_iterator operator+ (difference_type __n) const reverse_iterator & operator++ () reverse_iterator operator++ (int) reverse_iterator & operator+= (difference_type __n) reverse_iterator operator- (difference_type __n) const reverse_iterator & operator-- () reverse_iterator operator-- (int) reverse_iterator & operator-= (difference_type __n) pointer operator-> () const reference operator[] (difference_type __n) const Protected Types typedef iterator_traits < _Iterator > __traits_type" Protected Attributes _Iterator current Detailed Description template<typename _Iterator>class std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator > Bidirectional and random access iterators have corresponding reverse iterator adaptors that iterate through the data structure in the opposite direction. They have the same signatures as the corresponding iterators. The fundamental relation between a reverse iterator and its corresponding iterator i is established by the identity: &*(reverse_iterator(i)) == &*(i - 1) This mapping is dictated by the fact that while there is always a pointer past the end of an array, there might not be a valid pointer before the beginning of an array. [24.4.1]/1,2 Reverse iterators can be tricky and surprising at first. Their semantics make sense, however, and the trickiness is a side effect of the requirement that the iterators must be safe. Definition at line 97 of file stl_iterator.h. Member Typedef Documentation typedef iterator_traits< _Iterator >::iterator_category std::iterator< iterator_traits< _Iterator >::iterator_category , iterator_traits< _Iterator >::value_type , iterator_traits< _Iterator >::difference_type , iterator_traits< _Iterator >::pointer , iterator_traits< _Iterator >::reference >::iterator_category [inherited] One of the tag types. Definition at line 122 of file stl_iterator_base_types.h. typedef iterator_traits< _Iterator >::value_type std::iterator< iterator_traits< _Iterator >::iterator_category , iterator_traits< _Iterator >::value_type , iterator_traits< _Iterator >::difference_type , iterator_traits< _Iterator >::pointer , iterator_traits< _Iterator >::reference >::value_type [inherited] The type 'pointed to' by the iterator. Definition at line 124 of file stl_iterator_base_types.h. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation template<typename _Iterator> std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::reverse_iterator () [inline] The default constructor default-initializes member current. If it is a pointer, that means it is zero-initialized. Definition at line 121 of file stl_iterator.h. Referenced by std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator+(), and std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator-(). template<typename _Iterator> std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::reverse_iterator (iterator_type__x) [inline], [explicit] This iterator will move in the opposite direction that x does. Definition at line 127 of file stl_iterator.h. template<typename _Iterator> std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::reverse_iterator (const reverse_iterator< _Iterator > &__x) [inline] The copy constructor is normal. Definition at line 132 of file stl_iterator.h. template<typename _Iterator> template<typename _Iter > std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::reverse_iterator (const reverse_iterator< _Iter > &__x) [inline] A reverse_iterator across other types can be copied in the normal fashion. Definition at line 140 of file stl_iterator.h. Member Function Documentation template<typename _Iterator> iterator_type std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::base () const [inline] Returns: current, the iterator used for underlying work. Definition at line 147 of file stl_iterator.h. Referenced by std::operator==(). template<typename _Iterator> reference std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator* () const [inline] Returns: TODO Todo Needs documentation! See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/documentation_style.html Definition at line 156 of file stl_iterator.h. Referenced by std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator->(). template<typename _Iterator> reverse_iterator std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator+ (difference_type__n) const [inline] Returns: TODO Todo Needs documentation! See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/documentation_style.html Definition at line 227 of file stl_iterator.h. References std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::reverse_iterator(). template<typename _Iterator> reverse_iterator& std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator++ () [inline] Returns: TODO Todo Needs documentation! See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/documentation_style.html Definition at line 177 of file stl_iterator.h. template<typename _Iterator> reverse_iterator std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator++ (int) [inline] Returns: TODO Todo Needs documentation! See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/documentation_style.html Definition at line 189 of file stl_iterator.h. template<typename _Iterator> reverse_iterator& std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator+= (difference_type__n) [inline] Returns: TODO Todo Needs documentation! See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/documentation_style.html Definition at line 236 of file stl_iterator.h. template<typename _Iterator> reverse_iterator std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator- (difference_type__n) const [inline] Returns: TODO Todo Needs documentation! See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/documentation_style.html Definition at line 248 of file stl_iterator.h. References std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::reverse_iterator(). template<typename _Iterator> reverse_iterator& std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator-- () [inline] Returns: TODO Todo Needs documentation! See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/documentation_style.html Definition at line 202 of file stl_iterator.h. template<typename _Iterator> reverse_iterator std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator-- (int) [inline] Returns: TODO Todo Needs documentation! See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/documentation_style.html Definition at line 214 of file stl_iterator.h. template<typename _Iterator> reverse_iterator& std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator-= (difference_type__n) [inline] Returns: TODO Todo Needs documentation! See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/documentation_style.html Definition at line 257 of file stl_iterator.h. template<typename _Iterator> pointer std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator-> () const [inline] Returns: TODO Todo Needs documentation! See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/documentation_style.html Definition at line 168 of file stl_iterator.h. References std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator*(). template<typename _Iterator> reference std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >::operator[] (difference_type__n) const [inline] Returns: TODO Todo Needs documentation! See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/documentation_style.html Definition at line 269 of file stl_iterator.h. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libstdc++ from the source code. libstdc++ Tue Nov 27 2012 std::reverse_iterator< _Iterator >(3cxx)