Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Strip log file with multiple tokens Post 302425361 by danmero on Thursday 27th of May 2010 04:37:20 PM
Old 05-27-2010
Code:
awk -F-- '$0=$NF' file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to strip the first 4 char. of a file out via commandline

im kind alost. i beleave its a sed command. but i cant seem to find it in my book. can someone point me in the write direction. i know this is extreamly sloppy. but this is what i did untill i can figure out how to manipulate the filename namespace. an ls on the directory where this would run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to strip apostrophe from a file

I am trying to remove or replace various extraneous characters from a file so that subsequent processes work correctly. The characters that is giving me trouble is the apostrophe '. The command I 'm trying is sed 's/\'//g' ${IN_WRK_DIR}/file1 > ${IN_WRK_DIR}/file2 in a Korn script on HP... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aquimby
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to strip the contants from a file

Hi, I have some EDI data which 830, 862 and 997. Here is the sample data: ISA~00~ ~00~ ~ZZ~F159B ~ZZ~U1CAD ~051215~184 3~U~00200~000011432~0~P~< GS~FA~TC11A~U1CAD~051215~1843~000011432~X~002002 ST~997~0001 AK1~SH~1168 AK2~856~11680001 AK5~A... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to strip rows from a text file?

Can an expert kindly write an efficient Linux ksh script that will strip rows with no numbers from a text file? Supposing there are three rows that text file called text.txt : "field1","field2","field3",11,22,33,44 "field1","field2","field3",1,2,3,4 "field1","field2","field3",,,, The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihot
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to replace tokens in multiple files

I have multiple script files that I have created, that allow me to simply replace a few tokens at the top of the file, and then not have to go through the actual script and change anything. I have about 10 of them, but I was hoping to find a way to write a small script that would allow me to input... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
20 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strip time from date in a file

I have a couple of datetime fields in a file with contents like below: ICPBR|6373056085|1|O||||JOHN|SMITH|||H200|706|445668|||123 SMITH ST|LAGRANGE|IL|66666 |||||||N|N|N|N|N|||345676|2009.02.20-13:09:04|257655957|2009.02.20-13:09:04||||N|||||F||||||||||| I want to strip the time off the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip time from CSV File?

Hi, I've been trying (and failing miserably) all morning to strip from a CSV file the time from it. Can somebody point me in the right direction on how to do this using sed or awk? The file looks like: "James","07/20/2009-14:40:11" "Steve","08/06/2006-02:34:37"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmuntz
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

strip csv file

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me: i am trying to get some info from a csv file, after i awk the column i need , i made a selection and output it in a file. now i need to get a list from this file, but i stuck with some fields. basically i have a text file with next data: 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostym
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip Multiple zip files and Strip directory

I receive multiple zipped directories with files in them, so the .zip name is the name of the directory containing the files. so i have used a simple loop to unzip all of them but when unzipped i have folders/directories, i wanted to strip these directories and remain with the actual files from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buggzdiq
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)