Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Remove rows which include the word pattern Post 302425291 by vgersh99 on Thursday 27th of May 2010 02:44:48 PM
Old 05-27-2010
Code:
egrep -v 'mdsMVLink|mdsMVMembership|mdsMVLinkType' sfile.txt > dfile.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Include Line Before Pattern Using Sed / Awk

Hi, I have a sql file that runs something like this vi Test.sql REVOKE EXECUTE ON DEMO_USER.SQC_SAMP FROM PUBLIC; REVOKE EXECUTE ON DEMO_USER.SQC_SAMP FROM DEMO_READ; REVOKE SELECT ON DEMO_USER.DEMO_NOMINEE_TEST FROM DEMO_READ; REVOKE EXECUTE ON DEMO_USER.SQC_SAMP FROM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract multiple cloumns from multiple files; skip rows and include filenames; awk

Hello, I am trying to write a bash shell script that does the following: 1.Finds all *.txt files within my directory of interest 2. reads each of the files (25 files) one by one (tab-delimited format and have the same data format) 3. skips the first 10 rows of the file 4. extracts and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove 1st two rows and last 2 rows

Hi All, I need to remove 1st 2 line from head and last 2 line from last. I thought it would be possible by using the Head and tail command. But after i am using it is not possible by it. Example:Input file 1 2 3 4 5 Example: Output file 3 But my head and tail command are not... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kam786sim
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include a text pattern in system function in PERL

Pleeeeease help.. I'm working in perl i have a system function to check whether a file is readable for others or not. i just want to print a text in that command my command is : system ("ls -la $filename | awk '\$1~ /^-......r../ {print \$9}'"); i know for displaying text in awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhamsachdeva
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch a two word keyword which may contain a new line(may include spaces or tab) in it?

How to catch a two word keyword which may contain a new line(may include spaces or tab) in it. for example there is a file a.txt. $more a.txt create view as (select from ......... .......... ( select .... ( select ...... .. select only no ((( number ( select end (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting rows starting with a character and word

Hi, I have multiple files of same format and I want to delete the lines starting with # and The from all of them I am using egrep -v '^(#|$)' for # but unable to do for both # and The Please guide Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bioinfo
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include file pattern in find command?

Hi I've to remove the files which has the following file pattern in path /home/etc/logs fnm_HST_date1 fnm_hst_date1 fnm_HST_date2 I've used the following code to to remove the files having file names like "HST" . #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x file_path=/home/etc/logs file_nm=HST find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Include strings between a pattern

Hi, I have two files: File1: sample statements1 <UID = " " PWD = " "> sample statements2 File2: UID ="admin" PWD ="password" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manid
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies