Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep between 2 patterns in a line Post 302425250 by naveen@ on Thursday 27th of May 2010 12:17:22 PM
Old 05-27-2010
I need it to work for lines without quotes as well Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple patterns

Hi, Can we grep multiple patterns in UNIX. for example: cat /x/y/oratab | grep -i "pattern1|pattern2" .... etc I require the syntax for multiple patterns. | is not working as I explained in example. Malay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep patterns - File

Hi I have 3 patterns for example to be searched. These three patterns are available in file1. The patterns to be searched are in file2. I want to search the pattern of file1 to file2. Can any one help with example? Regards Dhana (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep All lines between 2 different patterns

I need a simple script to get all lines between 2 Patterns, e.g. ............. ............. 114456723: testing Script Alpha Beta 114459234: testing Done ............. ............. It should give all the lines in between 114456723 and 114459234, including these as well. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurpreet470
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for multiple patterns

I have a file with many rows. I want to grep for multiple patterns from the file. For eg: XX=123|YY=222|ZZ=566 AA=123|EE=222|GG=566 FF=123|RR=222|GG=566 DD=123|RR=222|GG=566 I want the lines which has both XX and ZZ. I know I can get it like this. grep XX file | grep YY But... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tene
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep value between two patterns

Hi All, I've been trying solve this with a simple command but not having much luck. I have a file like this: Line 1: random_description 123/alert/high random_description2 356/alert/slow Line 2: random_description3 654/alert/medium Line 3: random_description4 234/alert/critical I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe19
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep - various patterns

I have a file with the following text: grep \$ grep \\$ grep \\\$ grep '\$' grep '\'$' grep \\ grep \\\\ grep "\$" grep '"$' grep "$" When I perform these same commands on this file, the result are never what I would expect them to be. Could someone please comment on the results and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uran101
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment a line of the patterns is a the beginning of the line

I need to comment the lines starting with pattern "exclude" or "exclude=". If the work exclude comes at any other part, ignore it. Also, ignore, excludes, excluded etc. Ie only comment the line starting with exclude. File contents. exclude exclude= hi I am excluded excludes excludes= ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep patterns

Hi Experts, I have a log file like this.I need to filter the Index name and elapsed time(only created ). 06:36:39 SQL> create index XYZ_F75 on XYZ 06:36:39 2 ("GRP_ID", "_ID") parallel 64 nologging 06:36:39 3 tablespace XARGS_IDX 06:36:39 4 ; Index created. Elapsed:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan420
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns and print them with other patterns not the whole line

Hi, I am trying to extract some patterns from a line. The input file is space delimited and i could not use column to get value after "IN" or "OUT" patterns as there could be multiple white spaces before the next digits that i need to print in the output file . I need to print 3 patterns in a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep multiple patterns(file) and replace whole line

I am able to grep multiple patterns which stored in a files. However, how could we replace the whole line with either the pattern or new string? For example: pattern_file: *Info in the () is not part of the pattern file. They are the intended name to replace the whole line after the pattern... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxboo
5 Replies
unifdef(1)							   User Commands							unifdef(1)

NAME
unifdef - resolve and remove ifdef'ed lines from C program source SYNOPSIS
unifdef [-clt] [-Dname] [-Uname] [-iDname] [-iUname] ... [filename] DESCRIPTION
unifdef removes ifdefed lines from a file while otherwise leaving the file alone. It is smart enough to deal with the nested ifdefs, com- ments, single and double quotes of C syntax, but it does not do any including or interpretation of macros. Neither does it strip out com- ments, though it recognizes and ignores them. You specify which symbols you want defined with -D options, and which you want undefined with -U options. Lines within those ifdefs will be copied to the output, or removed, as appropriate. Any ifdef, ifndef, else, and endif lines associated with filename will also be removed. ifdefs involving symbols you do not specify are untouched and copied out along with their associated ifdef, else, and endiff1 lines. If an ifdefX occurs nested inside another ifdefX, then the inside ifdef is treated as if it were an unrecognized symbol. If the same symbol appears in more than one argument, only the first occurrence is significant. unifdef copies its output to the standard output and will take its input from the standard input if no filename argument is given. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c Complement the normal operation. Lines that would have been removed or blanked are retained, and vice versa. -l Replace ``lines removed'' lines with blank lines. -t Plain text option. unifdef refrains from attempting to recognize comments and single and double quotes. -Dname Lines associated with the defined symbol name. -Uname Lines associated with the undefined symbol name. -iDname Ignore, but print out, lines associated with the defined symbol name. If you use ifdefs to delimit non-C lines, such as comments or code which is under construction, then you must tell unifdef which symbols are used for that purpose so that it will not try to parse for quotes and comments within them. -iUname Ignore, but print out, lines associated with the undefined symbol name. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. 1 Operation failed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbtool | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
diff(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Premature EOF Inappropriate else or endif. SunOS 5.10 14 Jan 1992 unifdef(1)