Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to check supersede of patch Post 302425131 by zuismanm on Thursday 27th of May 2010 08:24:47 AM
Old 05-27-2010
How to check supersede of patch

Hi dear All.
I need to create script, that will check if some specific AIX patch is superseded by another patch, already installed on system
Let us say I have AIX 5.3 machine, and I have to check for patch "X".
Of cause - it is not a problem to check if patch "X" is already installed on given machine. But - how can I check if those machine have some patch already installed on it - that supersede "X"
Since - this is script - it can not go to site of AIX and check at description of patch... Check have to be done programmatically...

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Solaris

Check that supersede of package version is installed

I need a programmatic way to check, that supersede of required package is installed. At Linux I do it using rpmvercm utility to compare installed package version to my minimal requirement. So - I need analog of Linux "rpmvercm" utility for Solaris (10/11) Let us say - I know that minimal version... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuismanm
10 Replies
GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)

NAME
git-quiltimport - Applies a quilt patchset onto the current branch SYNOPSIS
git quiltimport [--dry-run | -n] [--author <author>] [--patches <dir>] DESCRIPTION
Applies a quilt patchset onto the current git branch, preserving the patch boundaries, patch order, and patch descriptions present in the quilt patchset. For each patch the code attempts to extract the author from the patch description. If that fails it falls back to the author specified with --author. If the --author flag was not given the patch description is displayed and the user is asked to interactively enter the author of the patch. If a subject is not found in the patch description the patch name is preserved as the 1 line subject in the git description. OPTIONS
-n, --dry-run Walk through the patches in the series and warn if we cannot find all of the necessary information to commit a patch. At the time of this writing only missing author information is warned about. --author Author Name <Author Email> The author name and email address to use when no author information can be found in the patch description. --patches <dir> The directory to find the quilt patches and the quilt series file. The default for the patch directory is patches or the value of the $QUILT_PATCHES environment variable. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)