Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help in splitting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help in splitting Post 302425077 by ramakanth_burra on Thursday 27th of May 2010 06:42:46 AM
Old 05-27-2010
Re:Help with splitting the line

Thanks, devtakh, it worked fine!

Regards,
Ramakanth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in splitting the file

Hi, I got a file which may have 100 - 500 rows with header and trailer... based on the total number of real rows ( excluding header and trailer) I want to break the file in 3 or 4 files .. Coded like this .. but giving error in the AWK in 8th line of below code. awk 'NR > 5 {print line}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a file

I have a huge file with 13 million records , how do i split this file into 13 files which has 1 million records in each ( each record is one line) I tried this but how to print the second million etc cat file | head -1000000 > file1 cat file | tail -1000000 >file13 please shed some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

splitting the files

Hi, I have some files with 2 million odd records which i need to split into chunks of 0.5 millions. I have the file sorted with a key column in order. The same key value can appear as 4 or 5 records in the file. Hence after splitting we are checking whether all the key values are present in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help splitting file

hi, i was wondering how do i split a large text output file from a keyword, e.g. as soon as 'saveabc.dat' appears in the file. any answers would be much appreciated. thanks:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabs1985
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting the file

Hi , I have one file which has many headers. Say suppose HEDAER ..data DATA DATA ..data ..data HEADER ..data ..data DATA .data HEADER. ..data ..data If there are 3 HEADERS in source file then I need to split the source file into 3 separate file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanyaheerani
2 Replies

6. AIX

Splitting the File

Hello I have a requirement where i have to split the file into number of files. Lets say i have 200 records and i need to split the file with 50 records each which would be 4 files. If the file has 60 records then first 50 records in first file and then rest of the 10 records in second file. if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with file splitting

Hey everyone, I would really appreciate some help with a problem I have filing away some data I have. I have multiple fasta files that have different pieces of information in each. I want to split each file into parts, and then file away each separate part into its own file. Here is an example... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sneeketeeke
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting value

Hello, i want to take a one word from my file. -- myfile.txt -- test blablabla suPHP_ConfigPath /home/performe/etc blablabla etc. bla bla. -- myfile.txt -- How can i take performe from this file ? Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAYGIN
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting columns

Hi Friends, My input file has more than 20 columns UniProtKB A0A183 LCE6A GO:0031424 GO_REF:0000037 IEA UniProtKB-KW:KW-0417 P Late cornified envelope protein 6A LCE6A_HUMAN|C1orf44|LCE6A protein taxon:9606 20120303 UniProtKB ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with splitting of file

Hi, I'm beginner in UNIX I would like to split file in separate files depending on Pattern. Input file looks like:-A B C brfbeg A B C brfbeg A B C brfbeg . . n so on (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit_Mokal
7 Replies
Connection(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Connection(3pm)

NAME
Net::IRC::Connection - Object-oriented interface to a single IRC connection SYNOPSIS
Hard hat area: This section under construction. DESCRIPTION
This documentation is a subset of the main Net::IRC documentation. If you haven't already, please "perldoc Net::IRC" before continuing. Net::IRC::Connection defines a class whose instances are individual connections to a single IRC server. Several Net::IRC::Connection objects may be handled simultaneously by one Net::IRC object. METHOD DESCRIPTIONS
This section is under construction, but hopefully will be finally written up by the next release. Please see the "irctest" script and the source for details about this module. AUTHORS
Conceived and initially developed by Greg Bacon <gbacon@adtran.com> and Dennis Taylor <dennis@funkplanet.com>. Ideas and large amounts of code donated by Nat "King" Torkington <gnat@frii.com>. Currently being hacked on, hacked up, and worked over by the members of the Net::IRC developers mailing list. For details, see http://www.execpc.com/~corbeau/irc/list.html . URL
Up-to-date source and information about the Net::IRC project can be found at http://netirc.betterbox.net/ . SEE ALSO
o perl(1). o RFC 1459: The Internet Relay Chat Protocol o http://www.irchelp.org/, home of fine IRC resources. perl v5.8.8 2008-01-24 Connection(3pm)