Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help in splitting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help in splitting Post 302425059 by devtakh on Thursday 27th of May 2010 05:54:50 AM
Old 05-27-2010
In unix:

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
i=0
while read line
do
array[$i]=`echo $line | awk -F "// " '{print $2}' `
#echo ${array[$i]}
i=`expr $i + 1 `
done < file4
echo ${#array[*]}
j=0
while [ $j -le ${#array[*]} ]
do
echo ${array[$j]}
j=`expr $j + 1`
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in splitting the file

Hi, I got a file which may have 100 - 500 rows with header and trailer... based on the total number of real rows ( excluding header and trailer) I want to break the file in 3 or 4 files .. Coded like this .. but giving error in the AWK in 8th line of below code. awk 'NR > 5 {print line}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a file

I have a huge file with 13 million records , how do i split this file into 13 files which has 1 million records in each ( each record is one line) I tried this but how to print the second million etc cat file | head -1000000 > file1 cat file | tail -1000000 >file13 please shed some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

splitting the files

Hi, I have some files with 2 million odd records which i need to split into chunks of 0.5 millions. I have the file sorted with a key column in order. The same key value can appear as 4 or 5 records in the file. Hence after splitting we are checking whether all the key values are present in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help splitting file

hi, i was wondering how do i split a large text output file from a keyword, e.g. as soon as 'saveabc.dat' appears in the file. any answers would be much appreciated. thanks:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabs1985
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting the file

Hi , I have one file which has many headers. Say suppose HEDAER ..data DATA DATA ..data ..data HEADER ..data ..data DATA .data HEADER. ..data ..data If there are 3 HEADERS in source file then I need to split the source file into 3 separate file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanyaheerani
2 Replies

6. AIX

Splitting the File

Hello I have a requirement where i have to split the file into number of files. Lets say i have 200 records and i need to split the file with 50 records each which would be 4 files. If the file has 60 records then first 50 records in first file and then rest of the 10 records in second file. if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with file splitting

Hey everyone, I would really appreciate some help with a problem I have filing away some data I have. I have multiple fasta files that have different pieces of information in each. I want to split each file into parts, and then file away each separate part into its own file. Here is an example... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sneeketeeke
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting value

Hello, i want to take a one word from my file. -- myfile.txt -- test blablabla suPHP_ConfigPath /home/performe/etc blablabla etc. bla bla. -- myfile.txt -- How can i take performe from this file ? Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAYGIN
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting columns

Hi Friends, My input file has more than 20 columns UniProtKB A0A183 LCE6A GO:0031424 GO_REF:0000037 IEA UniProtKB-KW:KW-0417 P Late cornified envelope protein 6A LCE6A_HUMAN|C1orf44|LCE6A protein taxon:9606 20120303 UniProtKB ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with splitting of file

Hi, I'm beginner in UNIX I would like to split file in separate files depending on Pattern. Input file looks like:-A B C brfbeg A B C brfbeg A B C brfbeg . . n so on (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit_Mokal
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)