Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change 'hostname' on Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS Change 'hostname' on Solaris Post 302425008 by blicki on Thursday 27th of May 2010 02:56:50 AM
Old 05-27-2010
Don't miss to eventually change /etc/hostname.<IF>, too. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to change hostname and ip in solaris

Dear all, I am going to change the IP address and hostname in my solaris, but I don't know how to do it. If you have any idea or suggestion, please fell free to let me know. Thanks and Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PennyLi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change hostname

Hi, ( running solaris 8 ) I know how to change the hostname temparily, by login in as root typing hostname = xxxxx but, this obviously goes when the system is rebooted. I'm not sure what files need changing to make this a permant change. Could anyone help me please? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change of Hostname

Dear All. I will like to know beside the following command "hostname hostname" what other command that can change the hostname of the Unix. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gelbvonn
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Change IP and Hostname

Hello.. I wanted to know how to change IP and Hostname on HPUX system, and I don't want to make it as NIS master either. Could someone tell me the files I need to modify and make sure it's on network? Thanks! :o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change hostname

Hi, I asked this question whenI was running solaris 8 and got some very good answers. I've just uograded to Solaris 10 and there seems to quite a few changes so I need to know again. https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=8547 ------------ Hi (now solaris 10) I know how to change the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Change hostname in Solaris 9

Please anyone guide me how to change the hostname in Solaris 9? The IP of the machie is fetched from a DHCP server. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Change hostname

Hello, I would like to change the hostname on a Linux server (RHEL4). I try different methods in vain : - by using hostname command - by changing /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname But after restarting server, the old hostname re-appears... :confused: And the file ./proc/sys/kernel/hostname... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

9. Solaris

change hostname end ip adresse in solaris 9

hi everybody which files i should change to modify my hostname and my adresse ip in solaris 9 . or how can i do that :confused: it's very important to me thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
2 Replies
IEEE80211_BMISS(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					IEEE80211_BMISS(9)

NAME
ieee80211_bmiss -- 802.11 beacon miss support SYNOPSIS
#include <net80211/ieee80211_var.h> void ieee80211_beacon_miss(struct ieee80211com *); DESCRIPTION
The net80211 software layer provides a support framework for drivers that includes handling beacon miss events in station mode. Drivers can dispatch beacon miss events that are recognized in hardware or net80211 can detect beacon miss if the driver dispatches received beacon frames through the normal receive path. Software beacon miss support is especially useful when multiple vaps are operating and any hardware beacon miss support is not available (e.g. operating as an access point together with one or more station mode vaps). Drivers should dispatch beacon miss events recognized in the driver with ieee80211_beacon_miss(). This causes some number of ProbeRequest frames to be sent to the access point to check if the association is still alive. If no response is received and roaming mode is set to IEEE80211_ROAMING_AUTO then net80211 will try to re-associate and if that fails trigger a scan to look for the access point or another suit- able AP. When the net80211 state machine is being operated manually, e.g. by wpa_supplicant(8), then applications are notified of the state change and are responsible for handling the work of scanning for a new access point. The number of beacon miss events (without a ProbeRe- sponse) is user settable with the IEEE80211_IOC_BMISSTHRESHOLD request. Software beacon miss detection is enabled per-vap by setting the IEEE80211_FEXT_SWBMISS flag. Typically this is done when a vap is setup when the IEEE80211_CLONE_NOBEACONS option is supplied to the clone operation. But drivers may also force this when they know they need help detecting beacon miss. When beacon miss is detected in software the event is dispatched without driver involvement. Note that software bea- con miss handling is not limited to station mode; it can be used in any operating mode where beacons from a peer station are received. SEE ALSO
wpa_supplicant(8), ieee80211(9), ieee80211_vap(9) BSD
August 4, 2009 BSD