Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development chrome window.parent call javascript func fail Post 302424880 by jimmy_y on Wednesday 26th of May 2010 01:18:34 PM
Old 05-26-2010
issue solved.

i put into the web server, chrome works well.
the fail cases with chrome is you directly click a.htm from your computer, without put in into the web server like /var/www/html/

anyway strange.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to creat 1 parent to call 3 children

hi there, im trying to produce this program that would run at first, and when it runs it will fork one child process to a program and then another forking to run this other program, and then another one . i cant seem to get it right can someone help me please here is what is got so far: int... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zmanultra
1 Replies

2. Programming

difference between int ** func() and int *& func()

What is the difference between int** func() and int*& func(). Can you please explain it with suitable example. Thanks, Devesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FLOOR Func

Hello Experts, Is there any inbuild FLOOR function to do FLOOR func in mathmetics in awk script like in FlOOR Func in C. Ex:- floor(2.9) = 2 floor(2.1) = 2 floor(2.0) = 2 floor(-2.0) = 2 floor(-2.1) = -3 floor(-2.9) =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_prady
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

full path of a file situated either in parent's dir. or parent's parent dir. so on...

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

program to send messages to parent using pipes and select system call

Write a program using select, which will create some number of child processes that continuously send text messages to the parent process using pipes. Each child has its own pipe that it uses to communicate with the parent. The parent uses select () to decide what pipes should be processed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ripssingh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call perl web service from javascript?

Hi, I would like to call the below perl web service from javascript .Any help would be appreciated.I am new to web services.Please do the needful. Server Program(Perl Web Service) #!/usr/bin/perl use lib '/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/SOAP-Lite-0.65_3/lib'; use SOAP::Transport::HTTP; use Demo;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liyakathali
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write to log file whether the shell script call pass fail

I have the below script triggered daily at 330am in the morning, since last 7 days job not writing anything to database. below impala shell calling shell file which has sql , it is extracting data and loads to a flat file txt file. which is going wrong for last 1 week. need help, echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fail Parent Script if any of the child fails

I have requirement where I need to fail parent if any one of the child process fails. Here is the code snippet for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 do child_script $i & done wait I need to fail my main script if any one of my child process fails (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
8 Replies
XDG-SETTINGS(1) 						xdg-settings Manual						   XDG-SETTINGS(1)

NAME
xdg-settings - get various settings from the desktop environment SYNOPSIS
xdg-settings {get | check | set} {property} [subproperty] [value] xdg-settings {--help | --list | --manual | --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-settings gets various settings from the desktop environment. For instance, desktop environments often provide proxy configuration and default web browser settings. Using xdg-settings these parameters can be extracted for use by applications that do not use the desktop environment's libraries (which would use the settings natively). xdg-settings is for use inside a desktop session only. It is not recommended to use xdg-settings as root. OPTIONS
--help Show command synopsis. --list List all properties xdg-settings knows about. --manual Show this manual page. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. PROPERTIES
When using xdg-settings to get, check or set a destkop setting, properties and possibly sub-properties are used to specify the setting to be changed. Some properties (such as default-web-browser) fully describe the setting to be changed. Other properties (such as default-url-scheme-handler) require more information (in this case the actual scheme to set the default handler for) which must be provided in a sub-property. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. EXAMPLES
Get the desktop file name of the current default web browser xdg-settings get default-web-browser Check whether the default web browser is firefox.desktop, which can be false even if "get default-web-browser" says that is the current value (if only some of the underlying settings actually reflect that value) xdg-settings check default-web-browser firefox.desktop Set the default web browser to google-chrome.desktop xdg-settings set default-web-browser google-chrome.desktop Set the default mailto URL scheme handler to be evolution.desktop xdg-settings set default-url-scheme-handler mailto evolution.desktop AUTHOR
Mike Mammarella Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 [FIXME: source] 08/18/2014 XDG-SETTINGS(1)