Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change directory with wildcard in FTP server Post 302424874 by thavamaniraja on Wednesday 26th of May 2010 12:57:58 PM
Old 05-26-2010
Thanks Methyl.,

My requirement is to write a script to create a directory with the following criteria..

in the ftp server , say i have three directory as follows. I need to create a script in such a way that if i enter a number say 41452, the script should identify the directory correctly under which this number will fall below and it should create a directory named 41452 under that directory.

ftp> ls
41000-42000
42000-43000
43000-44000
ftp>

once i run the script , i should be able to see the directory named 41452 under 41000-42000.

Any help ?

Thanks..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP from Unix to Active Directory Server

Automated Unix to Windows Active Directory FTP I have done many automated FTP scripts using the following logic: =============================== echo "Starting the FTP transfer..." { echo " open 192.168.1.100 user username password ascii put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cbish68
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to set up FTP Server with Active Directory

I've set up a FTP server (vsftpd) with some local user account and it works fine. Now i want to upgrade this FTP server with an ability that can authorize user through Active Directory. I do a search around our forum and it leads me to this page: Native LDAP, native Kerberos and Windows Server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cthinh
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to change pwd during logging on ftp server?

Dear All, Could I change password while login in to ftp server(solaris 10)? I tried to use fileZilla and command prompt(window) to change my password but It can't. Do you have any suggestion ? Ps. I can't telnet and ssh to the server because of poicy for ftpuser. Thank in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

WildCard serach for files in a directory

Hi i have a requirement to search for all files in a directory. the files will start as file1_*,file2_*,file3_* where the wild card character is a timestamp. so on a particular day i may get files like file1_1103120042 file1_1102010345 file2_1101093423 file3_1103120042... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP mget * not working after change directory -cd

Hi everyone, I have an Linux FTP script to get files from different AS400 mailboxes and store in different local directories. I had to use mget * option becuase there is no fixed destination file name means filename can change. The following FTP script is working fine if we have single file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oravikiran
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command with wildcard directory

I want to look if there is any file inside a specific directory which was modified before 2 days. I wrote the find command, but the problem is there is one directory and that is a random directory generated by unix, so not sure on how to code for that on the find command. find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srini0603
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh(!93) for loop with wildcard and empty directory

I'm sure this is by design, but using something like for f in dir/* do echo $f done produces unexpected (to me) results if run against an empty directory. I'd have expected it to not execute the loop, but it actually calls it with f set to 'dir/*'. Now I know that I'm trying to protect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spr00t
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Ftp a directory to another server from the local server what is the command

ftp a directory to another server from the local server what is the command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PMoore
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change sFTP home directory for particular user and from specific server

Hello Folks, Of course i came here for your favour :) How to set a defalult home directory for sFTP login ( at present users land in to their home directrory) when they connect from specific server. When server(A) sFTP's to Linux server(B) they land to thier home directory. I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
5 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)