Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: copy files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copy files Post 302424849 by pseudocoder on Wednesday 26th of May 2010 11:53:59 AM
Old 05-26-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveen_5960
Check[1]=`find $Directorypath -name $File_Pattern -type f -newer $TMP_FILE -print | sed "s;.*/;;"`
Here I see respectively don't see a "closing" backtick...

Question: Why do you "kill" the absolute path with sed? That might also be a failing point, because there might be files, which are found in a subdirectory of $Directorypath, hence these cannot be copied.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy files

Hi, Under the home directory, I want to search for all the *.xml files and move them all into another folder under home. Is it possbile using a single find command . Regards, Chirayu Sutaria (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirayus
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy of files

hi all i have a script,which when executed must copy 3 files from a directory on boxA to the same directory on boxB.I'm using scp to copy these files,the problem is out ofthe 3 files only1 is been copied and not the other 2, i have permissons for the files,any ideas are appreciated thnks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
2 Replies

3. SCO

How do you copy files from CD

How do you copy files fra a cd-rom to a directory on the computer? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Schnell
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To copy everything except 2 files

Hi all, I would want to copy everything in a particular directory. However would want to exclude 2 files: DIMStemp01.dbf DIMSts01.dbf I tried to: (1) ls files except these 2 files into abc.txt (2) Read from abc.txt and start copying. It works, however is there any easier way? Eg.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy only new files or files of a different size

hello i would like to copy files from 1 location to a nother, but it has only to copy files which are newer or have a different filesize. all has to be logged to a copy.log file (als skipped files should be in the log) is this possible with the cp command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arnoldg
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy all files

how i can copy all files " select all " in one step t try command cp -t (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies
XGFMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       XGFMERGE(1)

NAME
xgfmerge - merges two Xgridfit program files SYNOPSIS
xgfmerge [options] file-a file-b [...] DESCRIPTION
Xgfmerge merges two or more Xgridfit program files, where file-a is a program generated automatically from an existing font using TTX and ttx2xgf, and file-b and any other files in the list contain other programming for the font. Xgfmerge outputs the merged programming to stdout. To capture the output in a file, use this syntax: $xgfmerge -o merged-file.xgf file-a.xgf file-b.xgf Note: To merge Xgridfit instructions with those already in a font, the best method is now to run Xgridfit in merge-mode (option -m). OPTIONS
-c Look for a <default type="compile-globals"/> element in each file after the first in the list. If value="no" then ignore all <default>, <control-value>, <function>, <macro> and <pre-program> elements in the file. -h Display a help message. -n Merge <no-compile> elements from all files. <glyph> elements with duplicate "ps-name" attributes are ignored. -o file The file to write the output to. If this option is not used, output is written to stdout. -p When a <pre-program> element in a file other than file-a is available, use it instead of the one from file-a. If this option is not present, xgfmerge merges the programming in the <pre-program> of file-a with that in the <pre-program> of whichever file is being merged at the moment. The result is unlikely to be good if a single run of xgfmerge merges the contents of more than two <pre- program> elements. -s Sort <glyph> elements in the output file into alphabetical order. -v Verbose output: xgfmerge tells you what it is doing at each step. -x Resolve XIncludes before merging all files in the list except for file-a. Any XIncludes from file-a.xgf are stripped out of the files before this operation is performed. If XInclude is used to bring global elements (<control-value>, <function>, etc.) into these files, it is probably a good idea to use the -c option as well. FILES
/usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/merge.xsl An XSLT script that performs the merge. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/xinclude.xsl An XSLT script that strips out unwanted XIncludes. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/sort-glyphs.xsl An XSLT script that sorts glyph elements in a file. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/utils/add-blanks.sed Does some formatting of the output. SEE ALSO
xgridfit(1), ttx(1), ttx2xgf(1). AUTHOR
Xgfmerge was written by Peter Baker <psb6m@virginia.edu>. This manual page was written by Peter Baker 2009-12-18 XGFMERGE(1)