Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: odbc installation on linux.
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat odbc installation on linux. Post 302424724 by mkashif on Wednesday 26th of May 2010 07:00:33 AM
Old 05-26-2010
odbc installation on linux.

HI All,

I am trying to install odbc driver for mysql on linux red hat. when I try to install it using rpm then i get dependency error and when I try to find that dependent package then I am unable to find it on web.

can you plz help me how can I install it. Thanks.

Code:
[root@local server Mysql ODBC Connector]# rpm -ivh mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.6-0.x86_64.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        libltdl.so.3()(64bit) is needed by mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.6-0.x86_64
        libodbc.so.1()(64bit) is needed by mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.6-0.x86_64
        libodbcinst.so.1()(64bit) is needed by mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.6-0.x86_64

Regards
Kashif.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

linux installation

for installing fc4 , or even ubuntu , i got this problem after booting from vmlinuz and initrd (from both cd and ftp) display i got was very scattered. I was not able to make out from that display. ( it was a default display of blue window and black background). I have debian already installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux installation

Hi, Well I am installing Enterprise Linux 3.0 version, using CD... but what my doubt is , is there any possibility for me, to copy the contents of all the cd and have it in a folder like disk1,disk2,disk3 and disk4... while switching on the server, it will ask for the boot mode, like, CD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_hashref failed: [unixODBC][Oracle][ODBC]Numeric value out of r

Here is part of my program code: #Collect the output of test database and count the no #of rows too while(my @array = $tstDbStatementHandle->fetchrow_array) { push @tstDbOutputArray,; $tstDbOutputRows++; } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerstephen
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Linux ODBC in RHEL v5.2

I need some help with a project I am working on. I am writing a database application to manage some access lists. While this is for internal use only, the IT infrastructure is US Army managed. This severely limits which software I am allowed to use. I have a RHEL v5.2 server which uses some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenK
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

New Linux installation

Hello, I am planning to install Linux on my laptop. I will be using it for mailing testing as well as scripting. Basically I want to hand on with Linux to be used as File and Mail Server. Please advise suitable Linux distribution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

6. Linux

Linux Installation

I have Lenovo laptop with vista pre installed. I am planning to install linux . can u suggest/advice which linux operating system is better for my laptop. i am installing linux mainly for technical use. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux driver installation and so on.

I find Linux drivers to be the most elusive topic that there is and have enough questions about them that could fill a guide or tutorial if there was one. From what I can gather drivers are installed by one of three ways. 1- Recompile the kernel to include a driver that is included in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Linux ODBC driver issue

Hi Gurus, I have a odbc in Linux. when I run command ldd. I got following result: # ldd DWora26.so linux-vdso.so.1 => (0x00007fff26355000) libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fc31e70a000) librt.so.1 => /lib64/librt.so.1 (0x00007fc31e501000) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Establish ODBC connection from Linux

Hi All, I want to establish a ODBC connection to a database from linux and query the tables of a database. Please let me know how I can achieve this. Thanks and Regards Nagaraja Akkivalli. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
0 Replies
odbcinst(1)						       unixODBC manual pages						       odbcinst(1)

NAME
odbcinst - An unixODBC tool for manipulating configuration files SYNOPSIS
odbcinst ACTION OBJECT OPTIONS DESCRIPTION
odbcinst is a command line tool which has been created for allowing people who are developing the install scripts/RPMs for Drivers to be able to easily create/remove entries in odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini. This command line tool is a complement to the shared library of the same name (libodbcinst.so). This tool is a part of the odbcinst component of unixODBC. OPTIONS
ACTIONS -i Install (add section to config file) new OBJECT. -u Uninstall (remove section from config file) existing OBJECT. -q Query the config files and print the options for specified OBJECT. -j Prints current configuration of unixODBC, listing (among others) the paths to the configuration files. -c Calls SQLCreateDataSource -m Calls SQLManageDataSources --version Prints program version and exits. OBJECTS -d The ACTION affect drivers (and thus the odbcinst.ini configuration file). -s The ACTION affect data sources (and thus the user or system odbc.ini configuration file). OPTIONS -f FILE The FILE is template file, describing the configuration of installed OBJECT (only valid for the -i ACTION). -r Same as the -f OPTION, only take the standard input as the template file. -n NAME Specifies the NAME of the OBJECT. -v Turn off verbose mode. This turns off all information, warning and error messages. -l The specified data source is system-wide. Has any effect only with the -s OBJECT. -h The specified data source is user-specific. Has any effect only with the -s OBJECT. RETURN VALUES
This command returns zero on success and non-zero value on failure. FILES
/etc/odbinst.ini Configuration file containing all the database drivers specifications. See odbcinst.ini(5) for more details. /etc/odbc.ini System-wide data sources specifications. See odbc.ini(5) for more details. $HOME/.odbc.ini User-specific data sources specifications. See odbc.ini(5) for more details. SEE ALSO
odbcinst.ini(5), odbc.ini(5) AUTHORS
The authors of unixODBC are Peter Harvey <pharvey@codebydesign.com> and Nick Gorham <nick@easysoft.com>. For the full list of contributors see the AUTHORS file. COPYRIGHT
unixODBC is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License. For details about the license, see the COPYING file. version 2.3.1 Wed 26 Jun 2013 odbcinst(1)