Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris expecting answers for these questions? Post 302424678 by kingston on Wednesday 26th of May 2010 05:20:22 AM
Old 05-26-2010
thanks jilliagre for your quick reply...
Code:
3. How to mount a pendrive manually which is having fat32 filesystem?
Why doing it manually ? The automounter should do it automatically.

yes it is mounting automatically. But there must be some way to detect the usb drive and mount it ? I just want to know that.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 10 OS administration interview questions and answers

Hello, I am new to this forum and I am preparing for interview .Kindly can anybody send me Solaris 10 OS administration interview questions and answers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Please give answers for this interview questions

I was not able to get answers for these interview questions. It will be appreciable and useful if any one answers this questions. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Homework questions, book is lacking answers?

Hey you guys, There's a couple questions I cannot find the answers to anywhere in this book for my Operating Systems class, hopefully you guys could help. I believe we are in the Bourne shell. 1. Match each description to the appropriate type of variable Used in shell programs ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KyleBucket
7 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Eric's Questions and Answers Blog

I hope this is ok so I will ask if I may use this thread to ask questions about programming. May I use this thread to ask questions and answer questions? If the answer is yes, this is a thread made for minimizing the amount of threads I post to ask questions about programming. Please feel... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration

Hi, Can some body help me to get Interview questions and answers on HP Unix administration? Thanks Krsnadasa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select answers from multiple questions using shell script

I have a text file in this format Some lines.... Question no: 1 The question? A. Answer 1 B. Answer 2 C. Answer 3 D. Answer 4 Answer:B Some lines.... Question no: 2 The question? (choose 2) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Answers for few objective questions.

Hi Unix geniuses, I need your help for the answers of few objective Q&A. i dont know if my answers are correct or not. So i really need your help to provide the answers which will help me in unix programming. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Answers to Recently Asked Questions about UNIX.COM

Here are some answers to some of the recent questions I have received about UNIX.COM. So, I thought I would take time to answer them here in this post: Is it expected that the original poster "thank" everyone who responds to his / her discussion thread? It is always a good practice in all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies
automountd(1M)															    automountd(1M)

NAME
automountd - autofs mount/unmount daemon SYNOPSIS
name=value] DESCRIPTION
is an RPC server that answers file system mount and unmount requests from the filesystem. It uses local files or name service maps to locate filesystems to be mounted. These maps are described with the command (see automount(1M)). The daemon is automatically invoked if the variable is set to 1 in Options Trace. Expand each RPC call and display it to Verbose. Log status messages to Turn off browsing for all mount points. This option overrides the map option on the local host. Force all mounts to the local host to be NFS mounts instead of the default LOFS mounts. This is necessary for highly available NFS mounts. Assign value to the indicated map substitution variable. These assignments cannot be used to substitute variables in the master map Tracing While is running, the signal can be sent to to turn tracing on. It logs messages in To turn tracing off, send the signal again. RETURN VALUE
returns: 0 successful 1 failure EXAMPLES
To turn on tracing, enter: or No messages are displayed by the trace. Check the results in WARNINGS
Any filesystems that are being managed by should never be manually mounted or unmounted. Even if the mount or unmount operation appears to complete successfully, the resulting change of state to the managed filesystem can lead to disruptive or unpredictable results, including but not limited to: commands hanging or not returning expected results, and applications failing due to their dependencies on those mounted filesystems. A reboot may be necessary to resolve these issues. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
master map for automounter log file for automountd daemon SEE ALSO
automount(1M). automountd(1M)