Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Overhead of using a shared library Post 302424602 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 25th of May 2010 10:40:13 PM
Old 05-25-2010
Before we can fully answer that question you would have to disclose how you build your shared library, the source code of the function you are calling, whether you used lazy loading, etc. what OS and platform you are on, what compiler you are using, what linker you are using, what loader you are using, and lots more.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Shared Library

hello all I want to work in shared libraries how can i work in Linux Environment ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Shared Library Problem

I have this error when I try to do check on the oracle database... Can you help me figure out whats the problem? Thanks for all the help! /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library 'libjox8.sl'. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library 'libjox8.sl'. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinz
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shared library

What is the primary difference between static library and dynamic library? and how to write static shared library? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: areef4u
1 Replies

4. Programming

Shared memory in shared library

I need to create a shared library to access an in memory DB. The DB is not huge, but big enough to make it cumbersome to carry around in every single process using the shared library. Luckily, it is pretty static information, so I don't need to worry much about synchronizing the data between... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
12 Replies

5. Programming

Shared memory for shared library

I am writing a shared library in Linux (but compatible with other UNIXes) and I want to allow multiple instances to share a piece of memory -- 1 byte is enough. What's the "best" way to do this? I want to optimize for speed and portability. Obviously, I'll have to worry about mutual exclusion. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Shared Library Issue HP UX

I have never seen this issue before, but here is what is happening. I link an executable against two dynamic mlib libraries veclib and lapack. We place a newer version of these libraries in a write only directory and point the shlib_path at that directory. When the executable runs, it gets a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sambarusty
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

8. Programming

Loading the shared library I want

Hi All I have been given by someone else header file and a shared library to be used by my C++ application. Compilation is fine but when I try to executes the application I receive the following error. ./first: error while loading shared libraries: libMyLib.so.9: cannot open shared object file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

9. Programming

Shared library with acces to shared memory.

Hello. I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for advice about low level POSIX programming. I have to implement a POSIX compliant C shared library. A file will have some variables and the shared library will have some functions which need those variables. There is one special... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjag
5 Replies

10. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies
GO-BUILD(1)						      General Commands Manual						       GO-BUILD(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go build [-o output] [ build flags ] [ packages ] DESCRIPTION
Build compiles the packages named by the import paths, along with their dependencies, but it does not install the results. If the arguments are a list of .go files, build treats them as a list of source files specifying a single package. When the command line specifies a single main package, build writes the resulting executable to output. Otherwise build compiles the pack- ages but discards the results, serving only as a check that the packages can be built. The -o flag specifies the output file name. If not specified, the name is packagename.a (for a non-main package) or the base name of the first source file (for a main package). OPTIONS
The build flags are shared by the build, install, run, and test commands: -a force rebuilding of packages that are already up-to-date. -n print the commands but do not run them. -p n the number of builds that can be run in parallel. The default is the number of CPUs available. -v print the names of packages as they are compiled. -work print the name of the temporary work directory and do not delete it when exiting. -x print the commands. -compiler name name of compiler to use, as in runtime.Compiler (gccgo or gc) -gccgoflags 'arg list' arguments to pass on each gccgo compiler/linker invocation -gcflags 'arg list' arguments to pass on each 5g, 6g, or 8g compiler invocation -ldflags 'flag list' arguments to pass on each 5l, 6l, or 8l linker invocation -tags 'tag list' a list of build tags to consider satisfied during the build. See the documentation for the go/build package for more information about build tags. For more about specifying packages, see go-packages(7). For more about where packages and binaries are installed, see go-gopath(1). SEE ALSO
go-install(1), go-get(1), go-clean(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-BUILD(1)