Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Automated Patch Installations in AIX Post 302424564 by ibrkar on Tuesday 25th of May 2010 05:05:32 PM
Old 05-25-2010
Bladelogic Trainig en francais ou en allemand

Bonjours les BL-Experts,

<rest of french text removed because against rules and probably not related to this thread>

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Per our forum rules all posts have to be in English to be understood by everybody. Please translate your post to English. In case you have a question of your own and not directly related to this thread: contact a moderator and have your post moved to a separate thread.

Last edited by bakunin; 05-25-2010 at 07:11 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Network Installations of Solaris

First off, I'm pretty new to Solaris, although I know Windows very well. I have a mixed Wintel, Linux and SPARC/Solaris environment and am looknig for a way to make short work of installing Solaris. I know there is a network booting option and there are the WebStart (configurable) and JumpStart... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeekerC
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

3. Linux

external dvdrw installations

Hello all, Please can someone assist? I am attempting to install an external dvdrw on fedora 6. I attach the dvdrw device to the USB port and run dmesg: scsi2 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices usb-storage: device found at 4 usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Multiple Perl installations on HP-UX

This will undoubtedly seem like a problem that should be easily resolved but... We are having some 'issues' getting multiple versions of Perl installed on our HP-UX servers (11.11 & 11.23). Now, I'm not a Sys Admin but I believe the reason behind this is that the Perl installation which comes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macer
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Packages installations on my servor

Hello everybody, I'd like to install several important packages on my servor like for instance, man pages package.. I found a .tar.gz package of man pages. So, after to do "gtar zxvf name_of_file.tar.gz" I can access on the folder "name_of_file" (by cd name_of_file). Then, I read on my readme... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MasterapocA
4 Replies

6. AIX

Automated Error Email Notification on AIX

Hello Folks, I would like to setup automated error email notifications for any hardware + software + Hacmp errors. How can I do it ? I have searched on the internet, i have found something like a script erronotifier or something like that... P.S. I don't want to use a third party... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

7. AIX

Finding patch level in AIX

Hi, How to find out patch level in AIX and what patches are installed on AIX box? As per my knowledge oslevel -s will give service and maintanance level description , but regarding patch level any command is there? Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. AIX

trying to patch aix 5.3 TL 5 to TL12

Need some help, just installed a new aix box with aix 5.3 honda # oslevel -s 5300-05-CSP-0000 i got a package from ibm which told me that it was a cumulative patch to upgrade my 5.3 TL 5 to TL 12. I downloaded it, took a long time, after installing using smitty, i get failed. so after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed123
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Patch management (Solaris, AIX , Linux )

Hi Guys, I am doing L1 Level support for Solaris Platform. Eg. User Management, File system , Print management and Job monitoring. I recently completer my IBM Aix 7 Administration certification. Issue is that my manager is asking me do full time unix / linux patch management work for new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nats
5 Replies
postwait(2)							System Calls Manual						       postwait(2)

NAME
postwait: pw_getukid(), pw_wait(), pw_post(), pw_postv(), pw_getvmax() - lightweight synchronization mechanism SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
Postwait is a fast, lightweight sleep/wakeup mechanism that can be used for synchronization by cooperating kernel threads within a single process or between separate processes. A thread calls to block. It resumes execution when it is posted by another thread, the call expires, or is signaled. If one or more posts are already pending, returns immediately. Threads using postwait are identified by their ukid. A thread retrieves its ukid by calling It shares this ukid with anyone it chooses by any means it considers appropriate (for example, shared memory). is called with a timeout ts. If ts is NULL, the thread will not timeout. It will remain blocked until posted or a signal wakes it up. If ts points to a zero-valued timespec, will return immediately with a value (and indicating whether or not it was posted. If ts points to a timespec whose value is greater than zero, the thread will block for that amount of time unless it is posted or inter- rupted by a signal, in which case the timespec pointed to by ts is updated with the remaining time. The return value and are set to indi- cate the reason the call returned. is used to post many threads with a single call. It posts to all threads in the targets array. An value for each target is returned in the errors array. (0 indicates success.) If the errors pointer is zero, no target-specific errors are copied out. There is a maximum number of threads that can be posted with a single call. This value is returned by Posts sent to a kernel thread that already has a post pending against it are discarded. RETURN VALUE
returns 0 if it succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if posted, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if the post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if every post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns the maximum number of kernel threads that can be posted with a single call to ERRORS
sets to one of the following values if it fails: ukid points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. sets to one of the following values if it fails: was called with a timeout of 0 but the caller has no post(s) pending. was called with a timeout that expired. ts points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. was interrupted by a signal. The timespec pointed to by ts is invalid. sets to one of the following values if it fails: The ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. sets to one of the following values if it fails: targets points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. errors points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. count is less than 0. count exceeds the maximum value (as returned by A ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. postwait(2)