Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search text pattern
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search text pattern Post 302424550 by learnbash on Tuesday 25th of May 2010 03:15:24 PM
Old 05-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbu23
Try single quotes
Code:
sed -n '/robots.txt/!{s/.*\([0-9][0-9]*\.[0-9]*\.[0-9]*\.[0-9]*\).*\/\(.*\.txt\).*/\1 \2/p;}' file

the ip address is this

010.020.232.231 but it is showing -> 0.020.232.231

should i use below one?

Code:
sed -n '/robots.txt/!{s/.*\([0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]*\.[0-9]*\.[0-9]*\.[0-9]*\).*\/\(.*\.txt\).*/\1 \2/p;}'

if i want to search *.txt and *.php what change i should do?

Last edited by learnbash; 05-25-2010 at 04:24 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a pattern between the xml tags based on a search pattern

Hi all, I am trying to extract the values ( text between the xml tags) based on the Order Number. here is the sample input <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <NJCustomer> <Header> <MessageIdentifier>Y504173382</MessageIdentifier> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oky
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: need to have egrep to return a text string if the search pattern has NOT been found

Hello all, after spending hours of searching the web I decided to create an account here. This is my first post and I hope one of the experts can help. I need to resolve a grep / sed / xargs / awk problem. My input file is just like this: ----------------------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash4ever
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Search for a pattern and substring text in a file

I have the following data in a text file. "A",1,"MyTextfile.CSV","200","This is ,line one" "B","EFG",23,"MyTextfile1.csv","5621",562,"This is ,line two" I want to extract the fileNames MyTextfile.CSV and MyTextfile1.csv. The problem is not all the lines are delimited with "," There are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshTrak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace a text if the line contains a pattern

My text file looks like below . . . abcdefghi jklmnop $Bad_ptrq_GTS=rcrd_ip.txt $Bad_abcd_REJ=rcrd_op.txt ghijklm $Bad_abcd_TYHS=rcrd_op.txt abcgd abcdefghi jklmnop $Bad_ptrq_GTS=rcrd_ip.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)