Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Mounting SunSolaris Filesystem on Linux Ubuntu Server Post 302424492 by vbe on Tuesday 25th of May 2010 11:21:56 AM
Old 05-25-2010
You would have to look on the solaris server how/what is exported in either /etc/exports or /etc/dfs/sharetab (man share...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Find cmd working in Linux and not in SunSolaris 5.8

find . -type f -mtime -1 -ls command not working in sun solaris 5.8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotbaweja
4 Replies

2. Solaris

filesystem mounting

Hi all, I have a question regarding filesystem mounting. I have one Sun box(V240) and a NAS on a network. Sun machine shows the following output of df -k command. # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 11094316 8509226 2474147 78% ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How can I mount a ufs filesystem on a solaris 10 sparc onto a Linux server

Hi there, I am trying to mount a SAN volume (which is mapped to solaris sparc) partitioned with ufs filesystem onto a linux (intel processor 64bit) server. *I have re-compiled the linux kernel t support ufs fstype with ro mount support. filesystem on solaris:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

4. Programming

GUI applications on SunSolaris and RedHat Linux

Hello, I want know about building a product on Sun solaris and Redhat Linux. Product would contain C,C++, Java, UNIX Shell scripts and so on. It will not be a client server programme. Thanks! Shafi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help on filesystem mounting

Hi techies, I am pretty new to Solaris. So the qstn might be a silly one. I had a local disk with Solaris installed. I have done ufsdump to a SAN disk and after that s3 and s7 slices are giving the following error : "UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY." I had the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojsomanath
4 Replies

6. Linux

Mounting a new disk on linux server

Hi All. I am pretty new when it comes to Linux. My admin left on vacation and has presented 2 new disks to the server but they won't be seen until I can reboot the box this weekend. Once that happens I need the steps to make it available to my server and mount them as new filesystems. One will... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting filesystem

Could anyone help me please as I am stuck up. I want to mount /home/dun/maitree location of server A in server B to location /home/dun/tibco .Both server A and server B are Linux machine .The problem is that /home/dun/tibco of server B has some files and directory in it so after doing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Mounting NFS filesystem on Windows server

Hello Can someone please suggest how should I configure Samba to share the drive from Linux to Window server, and Windows server is in AD environment. is this require winbind to be installed ?? Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

9. Linux

Mounting windows drive into linux server

Dear Experts, My buissness requierment is to place some automated files in Windows server, Now Can you help me to map the Windows folder into Linux server. Windows Details:-windows 2003 Linux Details:- $ uname -a Linux testdb.mawarid.local 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 16:36:54 EDT 2007... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Fareed
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies
mountd(1M)                                                                                                                              mountd(1M)

NAME
mountd - server for NFS mount requests and NFS access checks SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nfs/mountd [-v] [-r] mountd is an RPC server that answers requests for NFS access information and file system mount requests. It reads the file /etc/dfs/sharetab to determine which file systems are available for mounting by which remote machines. See sharetab(4). nfsd running on the local server will contact mountd the first time an NFS client tries to access the file system to determine whether the client should get read-write, read-only, or no access. This access can be dependent on the security mode used in the remoted procedure call from the client. See share_nfs(1M). The command also provides information as to what file systems are mounted by which clients. This information can be printed using the show- mount(1M) command. The mountd daemon is automatically invoked by share(1M). Only super user can run the mountd daemon. The options shown below are supported for NVSv2/v3 clients. They are not supported for Solaris NFSv4 clients. -r Reject mount requests from clients. Clients that have file systems mounted will not be affected. -v Run the command in verbose mode. Each time mountd determines what access a client should get, it will log the result to the con- sole, as well as how it got that result. /etc/dfs/sharetab shared file system table See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ nfsd(1M), share(1M), share_nfs(1M), showmount(1M), nfs(4), sharetab(4), attributes(5) Since mountd must be running for nfsd to function properly, mountd is automatically started by the svc:/network/nfs/server service. See nfs(4). Some routines that compare hostnames use case-sensitive string comparisons; some do not. If an incoming request fails, verify that the case of the hostname in the file to be parsed matches the case of the hostname called for, and attempt the request again. 27 Apr 2005 mountd(1M)