Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Mounting SunSolaris Filesystem on Linux Ubuntu Server Post 302424484 by vbe on Tuesday 25th of May 2010 10:29:54 AM
Old 05-25-2010
How it the FS being exported? (read-write, access, root-acces...etc..)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Find cmd working in Linux and not in SunSolaris 5.8

find . -type f -mtime -1 -ls command not working in sun solaris 5.8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotbaweja
4 Replies

2. Solaris

filesystem mounting

Hi all, I have a question regarding filesystem mounting. I have one Sun box(V240) and a NAS on a network. Sun machine shows the following output of df -k command. # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 11094316 8509226 2474147 78% ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How can I mount a ufs filesystem on a solaris 10 sparc onto a Linux server

Hi there, I am trying to mount a SAN volume (which is mapped to solaris sparc) partitioned with ufs filesystem onto a linux (intel processor 64bit) server. *I have re-compiled the linux kernel t support ufs fstype with ro mount support. filesystem on solaris:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

4. Programming

GUI applications on SunSolaris and RedHat Linux

Hello, I want know about building a product on Sun solaris and Redhat Linux. Product would contain C,C++, Java, UNIX Shell scripts and so on. It will not be a client server programme. Thanks! Shafi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help on filesystem mounting

Hi techies, I am pretty new to Solaris. So the qstn might be a silly one. I had a local disk with Solaris installed. I have done ufsdump to a SAN disk and after that s3 and s7 slices are giving the following error : "UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY." I had the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojsomanath
4 Replies

6. Linux

Mounting a new disk on linux server

Hi All. I am pretty new when it comes to Linux. My admin left on vacation and has presented 2 new disks to the server but they won't be seen until I can reboot the box this weekend. Once that happens I need the steps to make it available to my server and mount them as new filesystems. One will... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting filesystem

Could anyone help me please as I am stuck up. I want to mount /home/dun/maitree location of server A in server B to location /home/dun/tibco .Both server A and server B are Linux machine .The problem is that /home/dun/tibco of server B has some files and directory in it so after doing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Mounting NFS filesystem on Windows server

Hello Can someone please suggest how should I configure Samba to share the drive from Linux to Window server, and Windows server is in AD environment. is this require winbind to be installed ?? Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

9. Linux

Mounting windows drive into linux server

Dear Experts, My buissness requierment is to place some automated files in Windows server, Now Can you help me to map the Windows folder into Linux server. Windows Details:-windows 2003 Linux Details:- $ uname -a Linux testdb.mawarid.local 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 16:36:54 EDT 2007... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Fareed
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies
pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock(3)				     Library Functions Manual				       pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock(3)

NAME
pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock - Attempts to acquire a read-write lock for read access without waiting. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock( pthread_rwlock_t *rwlock); PARAMETERS
Address of the read-write lock object to acquire for read access. DESCRIPTION
This routine attempts to acquire a read-write lock for read access, but does not wait for the lock if it not immediately available. If a thread already holds the lock for read access, the lock is granted and this routine returns. If no thread already holds the lock for write access and there are no writers waiting to acquire the lock, the lock for read access is granted to the calling thread and this rou- tine returns. If some thread already holds the lock for write access, the calling thread will not acquire the read lock. Results are undefined if the calling thread has already acquired a lock for write access on rwlock when this routine is called. A thread can hold multiple, concurrent locks for read access on the same read-write lock. In a given thread, for each call to this routine that successfully acquires the same read-write lock for read access, a corrresponding call to pthread_rwlock_unlock must be issued. If the read-write lock object referenced by rwlock is not initialized, the results of calling this routine are undefined. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The read-write lock could not be acquired for read access because another thread already acquired it for write access or is blocked and waiting for it for write access. The value specified by rwlock does not refer to an initialized read-write lock object. The current thread already owns the read-write lock for writing. The lock for read access could not be acquired because the maxi- mum number of read lock acquisitions for rwlock has been exceeded. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_rwlock_init(3), pthread_rwlockattr_init(3), pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3), pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3), pthread_rwlock_unlock(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock(3)