Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to identify the number of files and to append data Post 302424339 by clx on Tuesday 25th of May 2010 03:45:24 AM
Old 05-25-2010
You didn't mention what is that specific format (for filename)?
Anyway,

say for abc files, you can do something like:

Code:
i=0
for file in abc*
do
  [ $i -eq 0 ] && cat $file > final_abc || tail  +2 $file >> final_abc
  i=$(( $i + 1 ))
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for log files data!

Hi Team, please write a shell script. It is for veritas netbackup logs. The result we currently have is a single file for each day's backups. we will keep the files in the directory and the file names are like below mentioned. example :/opt/openv/netbackup/reports/Daily/NB_success*. The No... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvrao77
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare semicolon seperated data in 2 files using shell script

hello members, I have some data ( seperated by semicolon ) with close to 240 rows in a text file temp1. temp2.txt stores 204 rows of data ( seperated by semicolon ). I want to : Sort the data in both files by field1.i.e first data field in every row. compare the data in both files and print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice82
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to identify the line number containing a particular "string"

Hi, I have a log file, where i am required to identify the line number, where a particular string/line appears in the log file. And then copy 200 lines above that line number to a new file. Can someone provide pointers on how to write this script or what command to be used ? Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk2202
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to append files

I have several content (text) files in a folder called "content" I have several google ads (text) files in a folder called "google_ads" Example: /content /java websphere.txt android.txt /microsoft framework.txt /c_sharp linq.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rac.mike
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count Number Of lines in text files and append values to beginning of file

Hello, I have 50 text files in a directory called "AllFiles" I want to make a program that will go inside of the "AllFiles" Directory and count the number of lines in each individual text file. Then, the program will calculate how many more lines there are over 400 in each text file and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: motoxeryz125
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for reading number of files on server

Hi, I have requirement: of reading number of files on perticular server for current date, in perticular folder and send out emails to business folks. I'm not unix person; but i can use this script in another tool to get the desired results. I appriciate your help. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: premaboodi
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to find the number of files and identify which ones are 0 bytes.

I am writing a bash script to find out all the files in a directory which are empty. I am running into multiple issues. I will really appreciate if someone can please help me. #!/bin/bash DATE=$(date +%m%d%y) TIME=$(date +%H%M) DIR="/home/statsetl/input/civil/test" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monasharma13
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple files, parse data and append to a file

Hi..Can anyone suggest a simple way of achieving this. I have several files which ends with extension .vcf . I will give example with two files In the below files, we are interested in File 1: 38 107 C 3 T 6 C/T 38 241 C 4 T 5 C/T 38 247 T 4 C 5 T/C 38 259 T 3 C 6 T/C... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Standardization of input source data files using shell script

Hi there, I'm a newbie in unix and am fishing for options related to how raw input data files are handled. The scenario, as I'm sure y'all must be very familiar with, is this : we receive upwards of 50 data files in ASCII format from various source systems - now each file has its own structure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat Khos
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append data by looking up 2 tables for multiple files

I want to lookup values from two different tables based on common columns and append. The trick is the column to be looked up is not fixed and varies , so it has to be detected from the header. How can I achieve this at once, for multiple data files, but lookup tables fixed. The two lookup... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
5 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)