Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux console
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux console Post 302424294 by pludi on Tuesday 25th of May 2010 01:13:31 AM
Old 05-25-2010
Whether or not you can remotely access your servers in single-user mode depends on the manufacturer. Some provide a means of remote access, some do not. But Linux per se does not support this, as there is no networking enabled in single-user mode.

Some links:
HP iLO access
Sun ILOM access
Dell RAC access

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting up linux to Console

How do i start linux without going straight into X window enviroment, but into the console instead, and also, how do i get back in ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stealthdestroyr
2 Replies

2. Linux

Why is linux console window in VMWare so small?

I install linux in VMWare, but Its console window is too small, Its size is 80*25, I can't change it even though I use full srceen mode in VMWare.How can I do? please help me! Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChaoZhang
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Doubt on Linux console

Can anyone explain me the usage of momentary press, press and hold, Reset.. I usually use cold boot option which is used to boot the system. Any help on the other options is really helpful thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding Color scheme in linux console connected through putty.

Hi All, I am connecting to SunOs 5.8 server from windows machine through putty. My problem is commands are not showing any colours results. I want to see 'ls' command should list directories in 'red' and files in 'green' etc. How to do it . Please help. Also How to enable syntax colouring in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
6 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to iSCSI boot from linux console?

I need boot any images from iSCSI and I'd like to boot from linux console of a previous LiveCD booted. Is possible, without gpxe, ipxe firmware or similar? With a simple iSCSI initiator for example? You (accidentally?) posted in the Homework-section of the forum, where special rules apply. If... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spark2k06
0 Replies

7. Linux

How to boot iSCSI target from console linux?

I need boot any images from iSCSI and I'd like to boot from linux console of a previous LiveCD booted. Is possible, without gpxe, ipxe firmware or similar? With a simple iSCSI initiator for example? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spark2k06
1 Replies

8. Linux

Linux extacting msg from script to console

how to get the outout from script to console. i am running one script msg.sh using cron job every suday midnight. as soon as i logged in i want to see the staus is service started or service failed on console. what command i need to add to script ? msg.sh #!/bin/bash if then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the messages from the script to console in Linux?

msg.sh #!/bin/bash if then echo "starting service" else echo " service not started" echo " Please check the start.sh file or manuly start the service" fi if i login with root credentials @12.36.34.123 with passwd username:root passwd:abc once i login into linux pc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux Console for Interactive Input Script

Hi there, How do I enter command to the interactive console. I was able to do it via the first line. What if I have more lines to input into the interactive console from line 3 onwards. Is there a more easier way? (echo -e "load openvas" ; echo -e "openvas_help") | msfconsole ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
4 Replies
ns_requestauthorize(3aolserver) 			    AOLserver Built-In Commands 			   ns_requestauthorize(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_requestauthorize - commands SYNOPSIS
ns_requestauthorize option ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
ns_requestauthorize method URL authuser authpassword ?ipaddr? Ask the server to check permissions using nsperm. This function does the same permission check that the AOLserver does before serving a URL. If the nsperm module is loaded, the algorithm is as follows. 1. If the authuser is "nsadmin", the password is correct, and the IP address of the client is allowed nsadmin access, then access is autho- rized. 2. Find the relevant permission record. If an exact match for the method and URL combination is not found, the end of the URL is pared down until a match is found. For example, if there is no match for `/products/cereals/raisin_bran.html,' then the server looks for a permis- sion record for the URL `/products/cereals.' If that permission record is specified as "Exact URL match is NOT required", then that per- mission record is used. By default, the server comes with a row that says GET on `/' is open to the world. If no relevant permission record is found, access is denied (forbidden). 1. If the authuser is in the "Allow Users" list, access is permitted. If the authuser is a member of a group in the "Allow Groups" list and not in the "Deny Users" list, access is permitted. 2. If the host is in the "Hosts to allow" list, access is permitted. If the host is in the "Hosts to deny" list, access is denied. 3. If the request does not come in with authorization data, access is denied. 4. The user and password are verified. If there is no password specified in the database, any password is accepted. 5. Otherwise, access is denied. Return Values: The following values can be returned by ns_requestauthorize. OK The user has permission to execute this URL and method. DENIED The user does not have permission to execute this URL and method. FORBIDDEN There is no possible user/password/IP Address combination that would give authorization. ERROR There was an error. SEE ALSO
ns_passwordcheck, ns_crypt KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 ns_requestauthorize(3aolserver)