Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux console
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux console Post 302424294 by pludi on Tuesday 25th of May 2010 01:13:31 AM
Old 05-25-2010
Whether or not you can remotely access your servers in single-user mode depends on the manufacturer. Some provide a means of remote access, some do not. But Linux per se does not support this, as there is no networking enabled in single-user mode.

Some links:
HP iLO access
Sun ILOM access
Dell RAC access

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting up linux to Console

How do i start linux without going straight into X window enviroment, but into the console instead, and also, how do i get back in ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stealthdestroyr
2 Replies

2. Linux

Why is linux console window in VMWare so small?

I install linux in VMWare, but Its console window is too small, Its size is 80*25, I can't change it even though I use full srceen mode in VMWare.How can I do? please help me! Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChaoZhang
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Doubt on Linux console

Can anyone explain me the usage of momentary press, press and hold, Reset.. I usually use cold boot option which is used to boot the system. Any help on the other options is really helpful thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding Color scheme in linux console connected through putty.

Hi All, I am connecting to SunOs 5.8 server from windows machine through putty. My problem is commands are not showing any colours results. I want to see 'ls' command should list directories in 'red' and files in 'green' etc. How to do it . Please help. Also How to enable syntax colouring in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
6 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to iSCSI boot from linux console?

I need boot any images from iSCSI and I'd like to boot from linux console of a previous LiveCD booted. Is possible, without gpxe, ipxe firmware or similar? With a simple iSCSI initiator for example? You (accidentally?) posted in the Homework-section of the forum, where special rules apply. If... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spark2k06
0 Replies

7. Linux

How to boot iSCSI target from console linux?

I need boot any images from iSCSI and I'd like to boot from linux console of a previous LiveCD booted. Is possible, without gpxe, ipxe firmware or similar? With a simple iSCSI initiator for example? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spark2k06
1 Replies

8. Linux

Linux extacting msg from script to console

how to get the outout from script to console. i am running one script msg.sh using cron job every suday midnight. as soon as i logged in i want to see the staus is service started or service failed on console. what command i need to add to script ? msg.sh #!/bin/bash if then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the messages from the script to console in Linux?

msg.sh #!/bin/bash if then echo "starting service" else echo " service not started" echo " Please check the start.sh file or manuly start the service" fi if i login with root credentials @12.36.34.123 with passwd username:root passwd:abc once i login into linux pc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux Console for Interactive Input Script

Hi there, How do I enter command to the interactive console. I was able to do it via the first line. What if I have more lines to input into the interactive console from line 3 onwards. Is there a more easier way? (echo -e "load openvas" ; echo -e "openvas_help") | msfconsole ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
4 Replies
BTI-SHRINK-URLS(1)						  bti-shrink-urls						BTI-SHRINK-URLS(1)

NAME
bti-shrink-urls - convert URLs to a shorter form using a web service SYNOPSIS
bti [--escaped] [--help] [URL] DESCRIPTION
bti-shrink-urls converts URLs to a shorter form using a web service. Currently http://2tu.us/ (default) and http://bit.ly / http://j.mp are supported. OPTIONS
--escaped Don't escape special characters in the URL any more, they are already percent encoded. --help Print help text. URL Specify the URL to be converted. If no URL is given bti-shrink-urls waits for input on stdin. CONFIGURATION
bti-shrink-urls is configured by setting some values in ~/.bti: shrink_host Possible values: 2tu.us (default), bit.ly, j.mp shrink_bitly_login API login for bit.ly, j.mp, required if shrink_host is set to bit.ly or j.mp. See https://code.google.com/p/bitly-api/wiki/ApiDocumentation shrink_bitly_key API key for bit.ly, j.mp, required if shrink_host is set to bit.ly or j.mp. See https://code.google.com/p/bitly-api/wiki/ApiDocumentation AUTHOR
Written by Bart Trojanowski bart@jukie.net. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009 Bart Trojanowski bart@jukie.net. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation version 2 of the License. bti-shrink-urls March 2009 BTI-SHRINK-URLS(1)