Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Save output in a variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Save output in a variable Post 302424207 by angshuman_ag on Monday 24th of May 2010 01:39:12 PM
Old 05-24-2010
If I give a bogus option flag like you said, it ignores the option and does the conversion successfully. It just requires the input filename. If provided with other flag like -f or -outdir, it will use them else will ignore other flags.

So, the bogus option flag is ignored and no usage mesages are seen.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

topas -P save output

hi i have server monitor script which totally depends upon the output of TOP which works fine on HP. now i am told to put same script on aix i found that topas -P produces same output but it doesnt redirect output to file i have to kill/terminate it. is there any other way to this. as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to save output of a command in hash variable

Hi all, is it possible to save the output of a unix command executed in perl to be saved in hash variable.. like i have the command `find $mypath ! -user mainuser -printf \"\%u \%h\\n\"`; this will print all the users other than mainuser with their paths. so is possible to capture... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saapa
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to save an output of a command in a variable

Hi, in shell script, i have the command swstart -p which returns an output. i want to store the output of this command into a variable. how i can do that excerpt from the script #!/usr/bin/ksh # # # # Program: swstart -p # # Description: Starts the sentinels on Slave server ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can save output?

I make shell script by use "if" statement, what should add it to shell script save which I enter it in output file txt? ---------- Post updated at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:59 AM ---------- I mean like this echo "enter your name" read name # now i when start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oman_Member
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solved: how to save an output to a variable

i want to save the output of /scripts/whoowns domain.com to a username like $user = /scripts/whoowns domain.com but I'm not sure how to do that This is inside a bash script how can I get the output of /scripts/whoowns then save that to a variable? thanks! ---------- Post updated at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
0 Replies

8. Programming

Save output in text C++

Hi , i want to save the output of my c ++ code to a text file which is in a particular path : this is part of my code and I dunno where I am doing it wrong do { for( int i = 0; i < l; ++i ) { std::cout << 1 + k * i + index << ' '; } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I save the result in a variable

I have friends that this command worked perfectly, but I would like to save the result in a variable, which I have not achieved var=prueba.txt echo $var | cut -d "." -f 1 prueba I need to do this but does not work me salida=echo $var | cut -d "." -f 1 echo "result:$salida" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies
GETFLAGS(9.2)															     GETFLAGS(9.2)

NAME
getflags, usage - process flag arguments in argv SYNOPSIS
#include <libg.h> #include <fb.h> int getflags(int argc, char *argv[], char *flags) int usage(char *tail) extern char **flag[], cmdline[], *cmdname, *flagset[]; DESCRIPTION
Getflags digests an argument vector argv, finding flag arguments listed in flags. Flags is a string of flag letters. A letter followed by a colon and a number is expected to have the given number of parameters. A flag argument starts with `-' and is followed by any number of flag letters. A flag with one or more parameters must be the last flag in an argument. If any characters follow it, they are the flag's first parameter. Otherwise the following argument is the first parameter. Subsequent parameters are taken from subsequent arguments. The global array flag is set to point to an array of parameters for each flag found. Thus, if flag -x was seen, flag['x'] is non-zero, and flag['x'][i] is the flag's ith parameter. If flag -x has no parameters flag['x']==flagset. Flags not found are marked with a zero. Flags and their parameters are deleted from argv. Getflags returns the adjusted argument count. Getflags stops scanning for flags upon encountering a non-flag argument, or the argument --, which is deleted. Getflags places a pointer to argv[0] in the external variable cmdname. It also concatenates the original members of argv, separated by spaces, and places the result in the external array cmdline. Usage constructs a usage message, prints it on the standard error file, and exits with status 1. The command name printed is argv[0]. Appropriate flag usage syntax is generated from flags. As an aid, explanatory information about flag parameters may be included in flags in square brackets as in the example. Tail is printed at the end of the message. If getflags encountered an error, usage tries to indi- cate the cause. EXAMPLES
main(int argc, char *argv[]){ if((argc=getflags(argc, argv, "vinclbhse:1[expr]", 1))==-1) usage("[file ...]"); } might print: Illegal flag -u Usage: grep [-vinclbhs] [-e expr] [file ...] SOURCE
/sys/src/libfb/getflags.c SEE ALSO
ARG(2) DIAGNOSTICS
Getflags returns -1 on error: a syntax error in flags, setting a flag more than once, setting a flag not mentioned in flags, or running out of arguments while collecting a flag's parameters. GETFLAGS(9.2)