Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem facing in using awk command Post 302424041 by av_vinay on Monday 24th of May 2010 04:34:12 AM
Old 05-24-2010
Hi.,

Code:
$ awk -F\| '{gsub("004","IND",$2)}1' p.txt

I tried with the above command, but I got this as the error, when I executed in shell:

Code:

awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: illegal statement near line 1
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: bailing out near line 1

Here I want you to suggest to execute the command, as I am new to working with Shell scripts.

Thanks.,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing a problem in redirection

Hi, I am doing this perl script print (@line(1..15)); the lines 1 to 15 get printed... how can i redirect this to file? thanks and regards vivek.s (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing problem with cut command

hi , i used ls -ltr | cut -f 1 > \dev\tty but all teh coulmns r getting printed instead of only one........how can i resolve this? prob 2 : wud be able start cutting from last field......supposing in the case of dyanmic list.i dunno the field number of last column.......so is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
3 Replies

3. Solaris

please help as i am facing problem with uptime

Hi I am getting the uptime output as follows 12:40am up 4 day(s), 18:29, 2 users, load average: 38.97, 36.54, 34.89 The load average is too high . I have checked the processes , but no process is taking too much cpu time Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy009
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing with sed and awk

Hi All, I have a got a problem .. I have t files as below: 1.txt contains ----- ----- ----- column 1, "cat", column 24, "dog", column 100, "rat", ----- ----- ----- 2.sh should contain ----- ----- ----- awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%1s","cat")}' (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
19 Replies

5. Solaris

Facing problem with zone

i am using this way to create zone1 and zone2 bash-2.05b# zonecfg -z zone1 zone1: No such zone configured Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone. zonecfg:zone1> create zonecfg:zone1> set zonepath=/zone/1 zonecfg:zone1> set autoboot=true zonecfg:zone1> add net zonecfg:zone1:net>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing command using shell

Dear Brothers! Need your help for the case where I am running one command on prompt and its giving us the correct output, but when i use the same command from shell its directs no output.:wall: the command on command prompt is ls -ltrh * | nawk '{if ($5~ '/$'M'/') print $9}' | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

7. AIX

facing problem using su

Hi, I am able to login using su - or su directly , # prompt is coming, it doesnt ask for password. any normal user on aix system is login using su - or su . Please suggest where to change the configuration direct root login is disabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with awk: facing problem

Hi, I wants to print the 9th column information with its path name in some txt file. Here is one line which works fine for me: rfdir /castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja | grep data | awk '{print "rfio:///castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja/"$9}' > dataFilenames.list rfdir=="ls -ltr" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
2 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)