Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to create text file.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script to create text file. Post 302423991 by mastercar on Monday 24th of May 2010 02:00:21 AM
Old 05-24-2010
hi pseudocoder,

i have try in my script..It done..

Thanks for your help...

SmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create a text file in a script

Hi, i want to create a text file (init${x}.ora) and write information to it via a korn shell script. Is it right to do it as shown below (the file doesnt exist yet)? x=$1 file="$ORC/dbs/init${x}.ora" echo "info here..." >> $file will this file get created? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: n8575
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple text file from a single text file on AIX

Hi I need to create multiple text files from onc text file on AIX. The data of text files is as below: ********************************************** ********************************************** DBVERIFY: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Tue Nov 10 13:45:42 2009 Copyright (c) 1982,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script to create a new text file with specific data from existing two files

Hi, I have two text files. Need to create a third text file extracting specific data from first two existing files.. Text File 1: Format contains: SQL*Loader: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Aug 4 21:06:34 2010 some text ............so on...and somwhere text like: Record 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi143ibm
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a shell script to read a foldername from a text file and go to the folder?

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script which can read folder names from a text file and then go to the folder and picks up a xml file and write on my sipp script so that I can run the sipp script. For example: I have a text file called thelist.txt where I have provided all the folders... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pm1504
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create users from a text file by script

Hi All, I am new to scripting, i want to create one script in which i can add users from a text file, assign them a default password like 123456. It should be like: Username= $i (it should take users from text file one by one) Password : 123456(default for every user) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prad_rocxx
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy text and create new file

I have a directory with ~500 files that look like below. I need to copy each unique entry up until the second_ only once and put a .txt in place of the _. I am not quite sure how but have the below as a startThank you :). cp -u file1.txt "$(cat output.txt)" file1.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create csv from text file

Gents, I am trying to create a csv file using the file attached. I have a problem to get all information required because the rows are not continues. Here is my code till now. awk ' /"ffid"/{if(s){print s;s=$NF}else{s=$NF}} /"LineNumber"/{s=s $NF} /"PointNumber"/{s=s $NF}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a text file into smaller files with awk, how to create a different name for each new file

Hello, I have some large text files that look like, putrescine Mrv1583 01041713302D 6 5 0 0 0 0 999 V2000 2.0928 -0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5.6650 0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3.5217 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a text file and a pdf file from Linux command results.

Hello. The task : Using multiple commands like : gdisk -l $SOME_DISK >> $SOME_FILEI generate some text file. For readiness I must insert page break. When the program is finished I want to convert the final text file to a pdf file. When finished, I got two files : One text file and One pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)