Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help for scripting sh / Add user auto Post 302423945 by alister on Sunday 23rd of May 2010 06:55:23 PM
Old 05-23-2010
Hello, Helix, and welcome to the forum:

What's the value of $1? Is there a glob wildcard in it? Is it empty?

The issue almost certainly lies with the end of the while loop, "done < $1". Try double quoting the positional parameter:

Code:
done < "$1"

Regards,
Alister
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

freebsd auto login user at boot / i'm stuck

I run freebsd 4.8 and try to find the way or 'a' way to log in a certain user i created automaticaly at pc boot. I have searched the net, the manuals, but found nothing... could anyone please get me going by showing me an example or what file(s) i need to take a look at. i am not working... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: termiEEE
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Auto Locking user accounts

Hi, I am trying to setup account locking in Solaris 9. I have made the changes in /etc/default/login where RETRIES=5 and SYSLOG_FAILED_LOGINS=5 and in /etc/user_attr I am having: test_user::::lock_after_retries=yes Still I am not able to lock test_user after successive unsuccessful... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX; Auto clearing of 'too many invalid login attempts by user'

Does anyone have a good script / cron job that handles this? I have looked in smit and see it is clearing this count with: chsec -f /etc/security/lastlog -a "unsuccessful_login_count=0" -s '{userid}' However when I looked around to find ways to automate this I have not found an easy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Johnson
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto login to Super User account

i want to write to script which will login to su account without hving user interaction.( i know Super user password) i wrote following script its also able to log into su account. but seesion gets terminates soon. what can be done ??? or is there any other solution. i don't want to use expect... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anup13
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scripting for user accounts info in UX

Hi guys, May I know how do I list out in UX for - all existing user accounts; sorted by activated/disabled - primary/sec groups of each user - date when the user accounts are created, - user last logon date - last password change date Anyone had done scripting for these info?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: doom10
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripting - process and user ids...Help please

Hello all: Working on a job I was asked get a simple script to perform the following task and would like to ask for some help. I'm looking forward to learning more and diving deeper into the World of Open Source servers. I need a script for a Unix server, using as few lines as possible, that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moahten
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto answer option in scripting.

Hi masters, How to get auto answer option in scripting. for example in my script i uses the gpg command , in that beginning it will ask passpharse : ( in that i need to type my passpharase) and once i typed it will ask Use this key anyway? ( for that answer will be yes) for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
1 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Scripting User Account Removal

Ok, so I've been looking all over the place for how exactly to do this and I've become so bombarded with information I finally decided I'll pose the question here. I'm not a programmer or anything that hardcore, but if I see things already implemented and working examples I can easily learn and... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: panacea
17 Replies

9. Red Hat

Auto Increasing Quota for User.

Hi, I would like to know wheather we can increase the quota for particular user automatically? I am having requirement to increase the quota only for 2 days in a week. but that shoule be automatically instead of manualy modification. is it possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies
File::DosGlob(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					File::DosGlob(3pm)

NAME
File::DosGlob - DOS like globbing and then some SYNOPSIS
require 5.004; # override CORE::glob in current package use File::DosGlob 'glob'; # override CORE::glob in ALL packages (use with extreme caution!) use File::DosGlob 'GLOBAL_glob'; @perlfiles = glob "..\pe?l/*.p?"; print <..\pe?l/*.p?>; # from the command line (overrides only in main::) > perl -MFile::DosGlob=glob -e "print <../pe*/*p?>" DESCRIPTION
A module that implements DOS-like globbing with a few enhancements. It is largely compatible with perlglob.exe (the M$ setargv.obj version) in all but one respect--it understands wildcards in directory components. For example, "<..\l*b\file/*glob.p?>" will work as expected (in that it will find something like '..libFile/DosGlob.pm' alright). Note that all path components are case-insensitive, and that backslashes and forward slashes are both accepted, and preserved. You may have to double the backslashes if you are putting them in literally, due to double-quotish parsing of the pattern by perl. Spaces in the argument delimit distinct patterns, so "glob('*.exe *.dll')" globs all filenames that end in ".exe" or ".dll". If you want to put in literal spaces in the glob pattern, you can escape them with either double quotes, or backslashes. e.g. "glob('c:/"Program Files"/*/*.dll')", or "glob('c:/Program Files/*/*.dll')". The argument is tokenized using "Text::ParseWords::parse_line()", so see Text::ParseWords for details of the quoting rules used. Extending it to csh patterns is left as an exercise to the reader. EXPORTS (by request only) glob() BUGS
Should probably be built into the core, and needs to stop pandering to DOS habits. Needs a dose of optimizium too. AUTHOR
Gurusamy Sarathy <gsar@activestate.com> HISTORY
o Support for globally overriding glob() (GSAR 3-JUN-98) o Scalar context, independent iterator context fixes (GSAR 15-SEP-97) o A few dir-vs-file optimizations result in glob importation being 10 times faster than using perlglob.exe, and using perlglob.bat is only twice as slow as perlglob.exe (GSAR 28-MAY-97) o Several cleanups prompted by lack of compatible perlglob.exe under Borland (GSAR 27-MAY-97) o Initial version (GSAR 20-FEB-97) SEE ALSO
perl perlglob.bat Text::ParseWords perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 File::DosGlob(3pm)