Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting squeeze duplicates from a table Post 302423931 by vgersh99 on Sunday 23rd of May 2010 01:47:31 PM
Old 05-23-2010
Code:
nawk '
  BEGIN { FS=OFS="|" }
  { if ($2 > a[$1]) a[$1]=$2 }
  END { for(i in a) print i, a[i]}' myFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TR squeeze oddity

I discovered that where 'tr -s' works as expected on grepped input, it appears to completely fail on dig results. I am not sure if this is because of some sort of non posix compliancy, or what. Here is what I did: The command below works as expected, squeezing all repeated spaces to a single... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdmeyersc
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge Two Tables with duplicates in first table

Hi.. File 1: 1 aa rep 1 dd rep 1 kk rep 2 bb sad 2 ss sad 3 ee dam File 2 1 apple fruit 2 mango tree 3 lilly flower output: 1 aaple fruit aa,dd,kk rep (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Load average in squeeze too low

sorry, not yelling, its just copied from a bug report and this prob is driving me crazy... ran stress --cpu 4 on a xeon and no problem the load went up to 4, but running mysql server for example the load is almost 0.00, where the same mysql server with same throughput gets 0.8 on another lenny... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: suffeks
15 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to squeeze multiple pipe character '|' into single '|' using sed?

Hi, I am trying to convert multiple Unix pipe symbol or bar into single |. I have tried with the following sed statements, but, no success :(. I need it using sed only echo "sed 's/\|\+/\|/g' sed 's/*/\|/' sed 's/\|*/|/' sed -r 's/\|+/\|/' However, the below awk code is working fine.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a condensed table from a pre-existing table in putty

Hello, I'm working with putty on Windows 7 professional and I'd like to know if there's a way to gather specific lines from a pre-existing table and make a new table with that information. More specifically, I'd like the program to look at a specific column, say column N, and see if any of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deedee393
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me please: UNIX command to extract substring not squeeze spaces

Hi experts, Please help me!... I have a string " test1 test2 test3 ". There are two spaces before "test1"; There are four spaces between "test1" and "test2"; there are two spaces between "test2 and "test3". I want to extract a substring "2 test3" using positions. Below is my test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sophiez16
5 Replies

7. Debian

VPN service fails after update applied in Debian Squeeze

Hello everybody, I used to log in to my office via PPTP VPN, but on last October 5th I updated my installed Debian Squeeze and it caused my VPN service (client-side) to fail. After this upgrade I'm unable to log in to the VPN server. Here follows the log: #tail -f /var/log/messages Plugin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r4ym4r
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering duplicates based on lookup table and rules

please help solving the following. I have access to redhat linux cluster having 32gigs of ram. I have duplicate ids for variable names, in the file 1,2 are duplicates;3,4 and 5 are duplicates;6 and 7 are duplicates. My objective is to use only the first occurrence of these duplicates. Lookup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies

9. Web Development

Getting Rid of Annoying Bootstrap Table Borders and Wayward Table Lines

Bootstrap is great; but we have had some issues with Bootstrapped <tables> (and legacy <fieldset> elements) showing annoying, wayward lines. I solved that problem today with this simple jQuery in the footer: <script> $(function(){ $('tr, td, fieldset,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove duplicates in a dataframe (table) keeping all the different cells of just one of the columns

Hello all, I need to filter a dataframe composed of several columns of data to remove the duplicates according to one of the columns. I did it with pandas. In the main time, I need that the last column that contains all different data ( not redundant) is conserved in the output like this: A ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pedro88
5 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
       ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices

SYNOPSIS
       /usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir]

DESCRIPTION
       ucblinks  creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi-
       ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry.

ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand.

ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been  created,
       since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed.

In  releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a  nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses  nawk
       for the default operation, although  nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option.  The  nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS
       5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk.

OPTIONS
       -e rulebase     Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements.

-r rootdir      Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /.

FILES
       /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk        sample rule-base for compatibility links

ATTRIBUTES
       See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes:

+-----------------------------+-----------------------------+
       |      ATTRIBUTE TYPE	     |	    ATTRIBUTE VALUE	   |
       |Availability		     |SUNWscpu			   |

SEE ALSO
       devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5)

SunOS 5.10							    13 Apr 1994 						      ucblinks(1B)