Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quick Help in shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Quick Help in shell script Post 302423906 by Franklin52 on Sunday 23rd of May 2010 07:09:16 AM
Old 05-23-2010
Have a read of one of these links:

https://www.unix.com/answers-frequent...rithmetic.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need quick help with basic FIND in korn shell

I gotta make a script to find files, not quite sure whats wrong... filename is search i run it search ass* $HOME ass* is the filename and in my script i have... find $2 -name $1 -print but it never works, anyone know what i gotta fix? and does anyone know the difference... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freakytah
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a quick basic shell script help

im trying to run the below if command ifconfig -a |grep 10.100.120.21 gives me below output inet addr:10.100.120.21 Bcast:10.100.120.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 i just want a basic shell which says if above exists then continue how would i do this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eb222
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick help needed in the Shell Script

Hiii, i have a doubt here-- I have to take backup of all the files inside directory dir(logs,tmp,corefiles) at the location $BackupLocation.i should take the backup of logs,tmp,corefiles inside the $BackupLocation directory and then remove the files and touch the files inside the directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick script C shell

Cool. I played with scripts at home over the weekend. Come to find out not working on other shells. I have linux/bash at home, but now I'm trying on Solaris csh. How would I write the following script for Solaris C shell? ---------- #!/bin/bash NBR=231 for ((i = 0; i < $NBR; i++ )) do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Guidance needed for quick script

Hi all, I am trying to get the exception count daily from a log file which is more than 1 GB in size. I am using loops which get the count of the exception and transaction. But i need to take this exception count for a time frame from 5.00 am to 5:00 pm. I Think I can use to exact the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick Question on sed command in shell script

Hello, I have the following line in one of my shell scripts. It works fine when the search string($SERACH_STR) exists in the logfile($ALERTLOG) but if the search string does not exist this line errors out at run time. Is there a way to make this line return 0 if it is not able to find the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick question: calling c-shell script from bash

Hello, I have a quick reference question: I have a very long, but fairly straigtforward script written in c-shell. I was wondering if it is possible to call this script from bash (for ex. having a function in bash script which calls the c-shell script when necessary), and if so, are there any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lapiduslost
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a quick search through a script?

Hello, I have a file that has more than 300K records (i.e contains numbers). I need to take these records and than search them in 40 files while each file has more than 1.8 million records. I wrote a script, but its very slow and takes alot of time. I have tried to split my 300k records in 6... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick script to rename files

so I have about 30k jpg files that I need to rename in one hit. The current filename format is: x_surname_firstname_y_20141115_OS_(z) where x, y and z are numbers of various lengths the new filename format needs to be surname_firstname_y_OS_(z) So I basically need to remove the first... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonesal2
23 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)