Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Google Chrome OS Google Chrome Operating System Post 302423822 by Xethron on Saturday 22nd of May 2010 04:56:54 PM
Old 05-22-2010
Post seems pretty dead, but here's my 2c...

From what I have heard, even your music will be on-line... I'm not to sure how it works in other countries, but here in South Africa we pay for every megabyte we use... The operating system might be free, but your data plan will kill you 7 times!

Also I agree with sysgate. My information on someone else's PC? I don't even like my information on my PC. And I know the information on my dad's PC could be sold for a couple of million if you know the right people. He will obviously be fired... But what if the could owner (Google in this case) realize they need a bit of money. Besides, with their searching technology, it won't be hard for them to get the best of files... Not that I'm saying Google is like that, but they could if they wanne.

I think the way they are compiling this new OS might spread to other Linux Distro's... Your PC might boot in 2 seconds, you login to your browser... Check your mail, start your favorite music player, all this while the rest of your OS is loading. I mean why not?

Allot of this is great, and allot of this will help us in other levels of engineering computers... But unless you have a full speed always active uncapped Internet connection... Its kinda pointless.

Other than that, I'm really interested to trying it out! Think its gonne be a unique experience...

Thats my 2c...

Xethron

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operating System

Which is much more powerful as an operating system: 1. Windows 2000 2. Windows 98 3. Windows XP 4. Windows ME 5. Unix 6. Linux and why is it much more powerful than the other operating systems that i have mentioned. thanks for your info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alecks1975
1 Replies

2. Google Chrome OS

Google Chrome For Linux!!!

Its not stable yet but it is in progress guys (: Early Access Release Channels ?(Chromium Developer Documentation)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dervish
1 Replies

3. Google Chrome OS

google chrome os

i want to install google chrome , but i don't from where can i get the source (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_land
2 Replies

4. Google Chrome OS

Google Chrome Mobile?

I know that Google Chrome came out with the Android under a Unix based system, but did it come out yet for Windows Mobile? I have Windows Mobile 6 on my device. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Google Chrome is blocking access to UNIX.com

For some reason Google Chrome sees unix.com as dangerous and has start to block it. I need to select advanced and continue on own risk. Can you make an effort to remove unix.com form the list of dangerous site from Google. IE has not this problem. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Install google chrome browser in RHEL

Hi All, This is my operating system. Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Tikanga). This is a64 bit version # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Tikanga) # uname -a Linux oim11gdevlab 2.6.18-274.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jul 8 17:36:59 EDT 2011 x86_64... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandu345
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to install google-chrome?

Am trying to Install Google-Chrome browser from my server to local machine.. I tried.. # yum install google-chrome-stable* (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adhi
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What's my Operating System

Can we know the operating given the IP address or DNS of the host. All I have is file://myserver/myapp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Google chrome not work

Hi Dears i use UBUNTU 16.04 LTS. I download google chrome .deb package and install it but not work. i remove and purge it and install again but not work. i remove .confi too. what kind of details you need? Can help me? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
7 Replies
pods::SDL::Mixer::Music(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      pods::SDL::Mixer::Music(3pm)

NAME
SDL::Mixer::Music - functions for music CATEGORY
Mixer METHODS
load_MUS my $music = SDL::Mixer::Music::load_MUS( $file ); "load_MUS" loads a music file into a "SDL::Mixer::MixMusic" structure. This can be passed to play_music. load_MUS_RW my $music = SDL::Mixer::Music::load_MUS_RW( $rwops ); "load_MUS_RW" does the same like "load_MUS" except that it accepts an SDL::RWOps-object rather than a filename. Example for loading music from a variable: use SDL; use SDL::Mixer; use SDL::Mixer::Music; use SDL::RWOps; [...] my $rwops = SDL::RWOps->new_const_mem( $scalar_holding_music ); my $music = SDL::Mixer::Music::load_MUS( $rwops ); Note: You need at least libSDL_mixer 1.2.7 for this feature. hook_music SDL::Mixer::Music::hook_music( $callback, $position ); This sets up a custom music player function, so you can pass your own audio stream data into the SDL::Mixer. The function will be called with "position" passed into the first parameter when the "callback" is called. The audio stream buffer has to be filled with length bytes of music (2nd parameter). The music player will then be called automatically when the mixer needs it. Music playing will start as soon as this is called. All the music playing and stopping functions have no effect on music after this. Pause and resume will work. Using a custom music player and the internal music player is not possible, the custom music player takes priority. To stop the custom music player call "hook_music()" without arguments. Note: NEVER call "SDL::Mixer" functions, nor SDL::Audio::lock, from a callback function. Note: At program termination also call "SDL::Mixer::Music::hook_music()" to stop this callback. Example: sub callback { my $position = shift; # position (first time its 0, on each call $length is added) my $length = shift; # length of bytes we have to put in stream my @stream = ''; printf("position=%8d, stream length=%6d ", $position, $length); for(my $i = 0; $i < $length; $i++) { push(@stream, (($i + $position) & 0xFF)); } return @stream; } SDL::Mixer::Music::hook_music( 'main::callback', 0 ); hook_music_finished SDL::Mixer::Music::hook_music_finished( 'main::callback' ); This callback is called when music called by e.g. SDL::Mixer::Music::play_music or SDL::Mixer::Music::fade_in_music stops naturally. This happens when the music is over or is fading out. Note: If you play music via SDL::Mixer::Music::hook_music, this callback will never be called. Example: my $music_is_playing = 0; my @music = qw(first.mp3 next.mp3 other.mp3 last.mp3); sub callback { $music_is_playing = 0; } SDL::Mixer::Music::hook_music_finished( 'main::callback' ); foreach my $this_song ( @music ) { SDL::Mixer::Music::play_music( $this_song, 0 ); $music_is_playing = 1; SDL::delay( 100 ) while( $music_is_playing ); } SDL::Mixer::Music::hook_music_finished(); # cleanup get_music_hook_data my $position = SDL::Mixer::Music::get_music_hook_data(); Returns the "position" (first) parameter that will be passed to SDL::Mixer::Music::hook_music's callback. play_music my $play_music = SDL::Mixer::Music::play_music( $mix_music, $loops ); "play_music" plays a given "SDL::Mixer::MixMusic". Passing -1 to $loops will loop the music infinitely. Example: my $music = SDL::Mixer::Music::load_MUS( 'music.mp3' ); unless(SDL::Mixer::Music::play_music($sample_music, -1)) { print("Something went wrong! "); } fade_in_music my $music = SDL::Mixer::Music::fade_in_music( $mix_music, $loops, $ms ); Same as SDL::Mixer::Music::play_music but you can specify the fade-in time by $ms. fade_out_music my $fading_music = SDL::Mixer::Music::fade_out_music( $ms ); "fade_out_music" fades out the music with a duration specified in "ms" in milliseconds. Returns the the number of channels that will be faded out. fading_music my $fading_music = SDL::Mixer::Music::fading_music(); Returns one of the following: o MIX_NO_FADING o MIX_FADING_OUT o MIX_FADING_IN volume_music my $volume_before = SDL::Mixer::Music::volume_music( $new_volume ); "volume_music" set the volume in $new_volume and returns the volume that was set before. Passing "-1" as argument causes only to return the current volume. Volume is between 0 (silence) and "MIX_MAX_VOLUME = 128". Example: # set the music volume to 1/2 maximum, and then check it printf( "volume was : %d ", SDL::Mixer::Music::volume_music( MIX_MAX_VOLUME / 2 ) ); printf( "volume is now : %d ", SDL::Mixer::Music::volume_music( -1 ) ); halt_music SDL::Mixer::Music::halt_music(); Halts the music. pause_music SDL::Mixer::Music::pause_music(); Pauses the music. resume_music SDL::Mixer::Music::resume_music(); Resumes the music. rewind_music SDL::Mixer::Music::rewind_music(); Rewinds the music. set_music_position SDL::Mixer::Music::set_music_position( $position ); Set the position of the currently playing music. The position takes different meanings for different music sources. It only works on the music sources listed below. MOD The double is cast to Uint16 and used for a pattern number in the module. Passing zero is similar to rewinding the song. OGG Jumps to position seconds from the beginning of the song. MP3 Jumps to position seconds from the current position in the stream. So you may want to call SDL::Mixer::Music::rewind_music before this. Does not go in reverse... negative values do nothing. Returns: 0 on success, or "-1" if the codec doesn't support this function. paused_music my $paused = SDL::Mixer::Music::paused_music(); Returns 1 if the music is paused, otherwise 0. playing_music my $playing_music = SDL::Mixer::Music::playing_music(); Returns 1 if the music is playing sound, otherwise 0. It doesn't check if the music is paused. AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDL::Mixer::Music(3pm)