Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mailx -s not sending the file to mail address Post 302423594 by ygemici on Friday 21st of May 2010 11:21:57 AM
Old 05-21-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1_win
Hi All,

Below is my shell script which is not sending mail to the mail recipient:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
export MAILLIST="xyz@yahoo.com"
cd <path_to_the_script_perf_report.sql>
sqlplus / as sysdba @perf_report.sql
if [ `cat /<path_to_the_script/*MONTHLY*REPORT*.lst|wc -l` -gt 0 ]
then
  cat <path_to_the_script/*MONTHLY*REPORT*.lst > /<path_to_the_script/ perf_report.out
  mailx -s "Perf Report Output" $MAILLIST < /<path_to_the_script/ perf_report.out
fi

NoteSmilieerf_report.sql generates a spool file -> *MONTHLY*REPORT*.lst

What's wrong in the above script?

Thanks for your time in helping!

Regards,

Change this line and let retry

Code:
if [ `ls -1 /<path_to_the_script/*MONTHLY*REPORT*.lst|wc -l` -gt 0 ]

and
if file list in this path
Code:
ls <path_to_the_script/*MONTHLY*REPORT*.lst > /<path_to_the_script/ perf_report.out

or content data
no change Smilie
Code:
cat <path_to_the_script/*MONTHLY*REPORT*.lst > /<path_to_the_script/ perf_report.out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Sending Error msg from HP-UX to E-mail address

Sometimes, for any reason, the UX System sends messages to /var/mail/root and/or to Error Log of the guardian. I'll appreciating if you help me to configure so that those messages are also sent to the System Administrator's e-mail address. Regards Gege (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgege
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail through mailx

while trying to send a mail, though the output file doesn't contain any exclamatory mark(!), i am getting that in the mail with an extra line. please help me out from this ASAP. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know if the mailx command really sends the mail to the email address?

Hi guys, I have a question about the returning message of the mailx command. if I run a mailx command, how can I know if the email has been sent to the email address? If the email address doesn't exist, is there any error message returned? If yes, how can I get the error message? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheenshine
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail using mailx command

Hi All, Please help me regarding sending mails using mailx command in unix. I will be glad if some one give me the sintax of this. I tried using the below but vain. mailx -s 'Hi' 'xyz@abc.com' Regards, Manas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail from perl using mailx

hi All, i am trying to send a mail from perl using mailx. the script runs fine if i hard code the file path which is to be attached to the mail. but when i give a variable containing the path of the file , perl is not able to send the file. ex: system('uuencode /attach/test.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamahi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail using Mailx with data from oracle table

Hi, i need to send emails to the mail ids i receive using the sql query . SELECT L.ALARM_DEF,L.CRITERIA,L.DISTANCE_METRE,L.EMAIL,L.LAC_ID,L.LAST_CHECK,L.RANGE, L.RESOURCE_MSISDN,LM.ADDRESS,LM.NAME FROM LANDMARK_ALARM_CONF l, LANDMARK lm WHERE L.LANDMARK_ID=LM.LANDMARK_ID AND... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail through mailx command

Hi I need help to send mail through mailx command . Currenlt my program is like #!/bin/ksh -x echo " " >> path.lst MAIL_LIST='someone1@gamil.com someone2@gamil.com someone3@gamil.com' cat path.lst | mailx -s "path loaction" $MAIL_LIST echo "End" exit 0 Its work fine . But i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embed a html file in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx?

How to embed a html file as subject in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx or any other way? we do not want the file as attachment, it should be embedded in the mail subject. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx working but not sending mail

Hi All, I have a unix server on which mailx is configured . Earlier i was getting proper mails but now some mails are getting stuck and i am not receiving the emails from the server. I can see the mails in mailq. Can you please help me with this . How can i receive these emails? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratikm23
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies
MAIL(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MAIL(1)

NAME
mail - send and receive electronic mail SYNOPSIS
mail [-dpqrv] [-f file] [user] OPTIONS
-d Force use of the shell variable MAILER -f Use file instead of /usr/spool/mail/user as mailbox -p Print all mail and then exit -q Quit program if SIGINT received -r Reverse print order, i.e., print oldest first -v Verbose mode EXAMPLES
mail ast # Send a message to ast mail # Read your mail DESCRIPTION
Mail is an extremely simple electronic mail program. It can be used to send or receive email on a single MINIX system, in which case it functions as user agent and local delivery agent. If the flag MAILER is defined in mail.c, it can also call a transport agent to handle remote mail as well. No such agent is supplied with MINIX. When called by user with no arguments, it examines the mailbox /usr/spool/mail/user, prints one message (depending on the -r flag), and waits for one of the following commands: <newline> Go to the next message - Print the previous message !command Fork off a shell and execute command CTRL-D Update the mailbox and quit (same as q) d Delete the current message and go to the next one q Update the mailbox and quit (same as CTRL-D) p Print the current message again s [file] Save message in the named file x Exit without updating the mailbox To send mail, the program is called with the name of the recipient as an argument. The mail is sent, along with a postmark line containing the date. For local delivery, a file named after the recipient in the directory /usr/spool/mail must be writable. If the directory /usr/spool/mail does not exist then the mail is dumped on the console, so that system programs have a way to notify a user on a system that does not have a mail spool. MAIL(1)