Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Login to UNIX from the browser. Post 302423480 by pludi on Friday 21st of May 2010 06:06:06 AM
Old 05-21-2010
OK, so it has nothing to do with logging in, but just getting a directory listing from the HTTP server.

Make sure that the test server has some kind of web server installed (Apache or similar). When that's done, check the configuration (apache.conf for Apache 1.x, httpd.conf for Apache 2.x) to make sure that directory listing is allowed (for Apache it's "Options +Indexes" as a per-directory directive)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannt ftp my unix server through a browser

I have got this sco unix server.Last week we rebuilt this server and ever since we can ftp to this server through a command line but cannt ftp to this through a browser ( say internet explorer ) anymore. It has nothing to do with firewalls becoz it was working fine earlier. Any ideas?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsahu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Login from browser

I have developed a couple cgi scripts that run to access data on our Solaris box, and was wondering how I could implement some type of login (via the browser) that would allow the user to use there login + password from the Solaris box as well. There is sensitive information produced in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: man
5 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Browser Login instead of .htaccess popup

Hi, Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Anyway help I would appreciate. How do or or where would I find info (tried google but it's just a bit hard to understand & have no how to implement it). What I've got is a standard garden variety user registration form (php). It allows people to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justanob
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Triggering UNIX command from Web Browser

HI, I want to trigger a UNIX command from a web browser page. The web browser will have few steps which will generate the UNIX command and then it should connect to the UNIX box and fire that command. Here we are using Sun Solaris UNIX. Can you please suggest me how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dear_abhi2007
6 Replies

6. Solaris

X-browser Not able to login

Hi, I am in a problem. i have got Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 Machines with me. I have created many users on the servers. I login to solaris servers via putty and xbrowser from a windows desktop. With Putty all works well for all the users. Problem is that my 'abc' user is able to see the GUI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Practice UNIX on web Browser?

To practice SQL, there is a very good website called www.sqlfiddle.com no need of installing any external software, it can do almost anything in PL/SQL and Oracle. In a similar manner, is there a good website where i can practice Unix commands on a broswer? I mean, it should be able to execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables rule to block access from VM Browser to Firewall Login Page

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senrabdet
1 Replies

9. SCO

Any Other Browser for SCO UNIX OpenServer?

Obviously, the client browsers which came with SCO UNIX OpenServer, Netscape and Mozilla, are horribly outdated now. Does anyone know of a relatively current browser which will work in their place? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
2 Replies
lpweb(1M)																 lpweb(1M)

NAME
lpweb - invokes the HP-UX Printer Management tool SYNOPSIS
[ ] [ ] [ ] DESCRIPTION
The HP-UX Printer Management tool ( ) is used to configure the LP spooling sub-system. It allows the user to view and configure Printers and Print Requests. The tool also allows the user to save and restore spooler configuration. The HP-UX Printer Management tool provides both Web-based and terminal user interface. The Web-based interface is launched through the HP System Management Homepage. Superuser privileges are required to access the HP-UX Printer Management tool. An attempt will be made to connect to a Mozilla/Netscape Web browser running on the X server defined by the DISPLAY environment variable. If a running Mozilla/Netscape client is found, it will be used, otherwise a new Mozilla/Netscape session will be initiated. This will only happen if the Mozilla/Netscape process is running in the same system as that referenced by the DISPLAY variable, unless the -F option is used. Note: By default, the HP-UX Printer Management tool ( ) invokes the Mozilla Web browser. If you want to support any other browser (Net- scape), set the BROWSER environment variable as shown below: The terminal user interface is invoked if any of the following conditions are true: o The command is invoked with the option. o The environment variable is not set. The Web-based interface is launched if all the following conditions are true: o The command is invoked with option. o The environment variable is set. o The command is available on the system. Options recognizes the following options: Forces a client browser to be used in less secure ways. The option forces the client browser to be used or started, even when the X-traffic between the X-server and the Mozilla browser is not secure. Use this option only when you are sure the network traffic between the host where Mozilla is running and the host in the DISPLAY variable is secure. If a privileged user (root) executes the command with the option, a temporary login bypass key is generated. The bypass key enables the user to access the Web interface without having to provide login information again. You can also start the HP-UX Printer Management tool using one of the following methods: o Invoke o Invoke the HP-UX Printers and Plotters Configuration tool Web interface by typing the URL in the address bar of your browser, where hostname is the fully qualified name of the server. o Launch the HP-UX Systems Insight Manager on the server and select the Printer Management tool from Configure -> HP-UX Configuration menu Online Help After the HP-UX Printers and Plotters Configuration tool is started, the online help provides details on how to use the tool. RETURN VALUES
Upon completion, lpweb returns one of the following values: o 0 Successful o 1 An error occurred AUTHOR was developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
sam(1M), enable(1), lp(1), lpstat(1), accept(1M), lpsched(1M), lpweb(1M)