Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem iterating in while loop Post 302423444 by Scrutinizer on Friday 21st of May 2010 04:53:37 AM
Old 05-21-2010
Hi, you are reading from and witing to the same file at the same time:
Code:
sed "s/$code/$country/g" testb_1.txt>testb_1.txt

You should specify a different output file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Iterating a hash through a foreach loop - unexpected results

i've reworked some code from an earlier post, and it isn't working as expected i've simplified it to try and find the problem. i spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong, eventually thinking there was a bug in perl or a problem with my computer. but, i've tried it on 3 machines with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quantumechanix
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem iterating through PATH entries with spaces

I have a Bash script on Cygwin that tries to iterate through the directory entries in PATH. I need to convert the PATH value to a form that I can iterate through with "for var in $list; do". For instance, an excerpt from my PATH value is this: :/c/Program Files/Windows Imaging/:/c/Program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

iterating over results from sqlplus

hi all, i am writing a ksh script, i am logging into an oracle db via sqlplus and running a select statement but i dont know how i can store the results from the sql so i can iterate over it and do more operations over it. I dont want to write a stored procedure with a cursor since i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating through two arrays in a single loop

Hey everyone. Is it possible to use two arrays in a loop? Basically what I am trying to do is iterate through the elements in an array, and, based on a condition, use the current position in the array to point to that index in the array. Here's the loop structure I'm looking for: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msarro
1 Replies

5. Programming

Iterating and calloc questions.

Whilst creating the function readjust_descr I have stumble across what may be a problem or something that might just work. I was hoping someone could look at the code below and tell me if readjust_descr will clear all null pointers from the structure descr_list. struct descr descr_list =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating over subdirectories and dealing with files within them

Hello, I am working on a coding project for a class and to test the program I have created, I have come up with 100 different test cases. The program takes four text files as input, so each of the test cases is contained in a folder with four files. I have a folder called 'tests', within which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dpryor
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating over a list using awk, when variable

Hi, I've recently started using Awk commands as i need it to pull information out of a file and give me the mean value of a series of numbers. Here is the code i run on my Infile and it works just fine. awk '{if ($1 == "Mam189") print $0}' Infile | awk '{if ($1 != $2) print $0}' | awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cavanac2
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script Iterating Question

I am trying to look through one of my directories to remove certain files. I am pretty new to Unix and bash so I just need a little help in starting this. I know I would have to write two loops one to iterate the directories and one to iterate the files. How would I write the loops? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating awk over a directory of files?

I need to run the same awk function over an entire directly of files. This is the awk: awk '{$(NF+1)=1}1' Is there a way that I can run this command once over all of the files, along the lines of: awk '{$(NF+1)=1}1' * so that I do not have to run this several times? My main concern is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on iterating array elements

Hi, I am trying to do something similar to the for loop example from KSH For Loop Array: Iterate Through Array Values $: cat y.ksh #!/bin/ksh # set array called nameservers set -A nameservers 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.5 202.54.1.5 # print all name servers for i in ${nameservers} do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
QRENCODE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       QRENCODE(1)

NAME
qrencode - Encode input data in a QR Code and save as a PNG or EPS image. SYNOPSIS
qrencode [OPTION]... [STRING] DESCRIPTION
Libqrencode is a library for encoding data in a QR Code symbol, a kind of 2D symbology that can be scanned by handy terminals such as a mobile phone with CCD. The capacity of QR Code is up to 7000 digits or 4000 characters, and has high robustness. Qrencode is a utility software using libqrencode to encode string data in a QR Code and save as a PNG or EPS image. OPTIONS
-h, --help display help message. -o FILENAME, --output=FILENAME write image to FILENAME. If '-' is specified, the result will be output to standard output. If -S is given, structured symbols are written to FILENAME-01.png, FILENAME-02.png, ... (suffix is removed from FILENAME, if specified) -s NUMBER, --size=NUMBER specify the size of dot (pixel). (default=3) -l {LMQH}, --level={LMQH} specify error collectin level from L (lowest) to H (highest). (default=L) -v NUMBER, --symversion=NUMBER specify the version of the symbol. (default=auto) -m NUMBER, --margin=NUMBER specify the width of margin. (default=4) -d NUMBER, --dpi=NUMBER specify the DPI of the generated PNG. (default=72) -t {PNG,EPS,ANSI,ANSI256}, --type={PNG,EPS,ANSI,ANSI256} specify the type of the generated image. (default=PNG) -S, --structured make structured symbols. Version must be specified. -k, --kanji assume that the input text contains kanji (shift-jis). -c, --casesensitive encode lower-case alphabet characters in 8-bit mode. (default) -i, --ignorecase ignore case distinctions and use only upper-case characters. -8, --8bit encode entire data in 8-bit mode. -k, -c and -i will be ignored. -M, --micro encode in a Micro QR Code. (experimental) -V, --version display the version number and copyrights of the qrencode. [STRING] input data. If it is not specified, data will be taken from standard input. EXAMPLES
qrencode -l L -v 1 -o output.png 'Hello, world!' encode into a symbol version 1, level L. qrencode -iSv 1 --output=output.png read standard input and encode it into a structured-appended symbols in case-insensitive mode. AUTHOR
Written by Kentaro Fukuchi. RESOURCES
Main Web Site: http://fukuchi.org/works/qrencode/ Source code repository: https://github.com/fukuchi/libqrencode/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2012 Kentaro Fukuchi. qrencode 3.3.0 Feb. 29, 2012 QRENCODE(1)