Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Login to UNIX from the browser. Post 302423430 by sarwan on Friday 21st of May 2010 04:30:14 AM
Old 05-21-2010
Login to UNIX from the browser.

Hi All,
I need to login to the UNIX server from the browser. can you please tell me the procedure?

Thanks
Sarwan

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannt ftp my unix server through a browser

I have got this sco unix server.Last week we rebuilt this server and ever since we can ftp to this server through a command line but cannt ftp to this through a browser ( say internet explorer ) anymore. It has nothing to do with firewalls becoz it was working fine earlier. Any ideas?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsahu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Login from browser

I have developed a couple cgi scripts that run to access data on our Solaris box, and was wondering how I could implement some type of login (via the browser) that would allow the user to use there login + password from the Solaris box as well. There is sensitive information produced in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: man
5 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Browser Login instead of .htaccess popup

Hi, Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Anyway help I would appreciate. How do or or where would I find info (tried google but it's just a bit hard to understand & have no how to implement it). What I've got is a standard garden variety user registration form (php). It allows people to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justanob
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Triggering UNIX command from Web Browser

HI, I want to trigger a UNIX command from a web browser page. The web browser will have few steps which will generate the UNIX command and then it should connect to the UNIX box and fire that command. Here we are using Sun Solaris UNIX. Can you please suggest me how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dear_abhi2007
6 Replies

6. Solaris

X-browser Not able to login

Hi, I am in a problem. i have got Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 Machines with me. I have created many users on the servers. I login to solaris servers via putty and xbrowser from a windows desktop. With Putty all works well for all the users. Problem is that my 'abc' user is able to see the GUI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Practice UNIX on web Browser?

To practice SQL, there is a very good website called www.sqlfiddle.com no need of installing any external software, it can do almost anything in PL/SQL and Oracle. In a similar manner, is there a good website where i can practice Unix commands on a broswer? I mean, it should be able to execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables rule to block access from VM Browser to Firewall Login Page

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senrabdet
1 Replies

9. SCO

Any Other Browser for SCO UNIX OpenServer?

Obviously, the client browsers which came with SCO UNIX OpenServer, Netscape and Mozilla, are horribly outdated now. Does anyone know of a relatively current browser which will work in their place? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
2 Replies
rlogind(8c)															       rlogind(8c)

Name
       rlogind - remote login server

Syntax
       /etc/rlogind

Description
       The server is used for the program.  The server provides a remote login facility with authentication based on privileged port numbers.

The  server is invoked by when it receives a connection on the port indicated in the login service specification.  For further information,
       see When a service request is received, the following protocol is initiated:

1.  The server checks the client's source port.	If the port is not in the range 0-1023, the server aborts the connection.

2.  The server checks the client's source address and requests the corresponding host name.  If the hostname cannot be determined, the dot-
	   notation representation of the host address is used.

Once  the source port and address have been checked, allocates a pseudo terminal and manipulates file descriptors so that the slave half of
       the pseudo terminal becomes the stdin, stdout, and stderr for a login process.  For further information, see

The login process is an instance of the program, invoked with the option.  The login process then proceeds with the authentication  process
       as described in but if automatic authentication fails, it reprompts the user to log in on a standard terminal line.

The  parent of the login process manipulates the master side of the pseudo terminal, operating as an intermediary between the login process
       and the client instance of the program.	In normal operation, the packet protocol described in is invoked to provide ^S/^Q type	facilities
       and propagate interrupt signals to the remote programs.	The login process propagates the client terminal's baud rate and terminal type, as
       found in the environment variable, TERM.  For further information see

The screen or window size of the terminal is requested from the client, and any changes in the window size from the client are sent to  the
       pseudo terminal.

Restrictions
       The authentication procedure used here assumes the integrity of each client machine and the connecting medium.  This is insecure, but it is
       useful in an open environment.

Diagnostics
       All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection associated with the stderr, after which any  network  connections  are  closed.	An
       error is indicated by a leading byte with a value of 1.

Hostname for your address unknown
       No entry in the host name database existed for the client's machine.

Try again
       A fork by the server failed.

/bin/sh: ...
       The user's login shell could not be started.

See Also
       rlogin(1c), inetd(8c)

rlogind(8c)